Location: East Renfrewshire Council, Thornliebank office
£7.85 per hour
Full-time, 37.5 hours per week for 6 months with possible further 6 month extension
Ideal start: 17 August 2015
Comprising of over 200 businesses together, both BIDs represent a strong collective voice in the area, supporting trade and commerce, as well as heavily contributing to the local community life by big events and visual improvements to the area.
The co-ordinator will lead developing, delivering and marketing public events and other local marketing initiatives that involve local stakeholders such as independent and national businesses, schools, home workers, art clubs and other community groups.
The Co-ordinator will work closely with East Renfrewshire Council Economic Development Officer dedicated to BIDs.
The post provides an opportunity to liaise on a daily basis with: private, public and third sector.
• Organisation of key BID public events.
• Organising entertainment for the day. Contacting local groups and outside entertainers, and organising activity to ensure there is a stream of entertainment for the day.
• Liaison with suppliers and, if required, East Renfrewshire Council, to ensure set-up for the day.
• Collecting and assessing information after event to gauge the success of the day.
• Researching suppliers at the initial stage and liaising with selected supplier to deliver project.
• Assessing delivery of proposed projects and their financial feasibility.
• Liaising with relevant East Renfrewshire Council staff, checking details of a proposed project are suitable and, when necessary, enlisting the help of the Council.
Maintaining digital content
• Updating content on Clarkston and Giffnock BIDs websites and new content creation on a weekly basis, utilising Wordpress and a basic understanding of CSS.
• Managing Clarkston’s and Giffnock’s Mailchimp accounts and databases. Designing emails to send out to lists and managing these lists, adding new subscribers as needed.
• Supporting BIDs presence on social media. Regularly sharing news from other businesses through Facebook and each BID’s own news.
Marketing BID activities
• Working with designers to oversee production of marketing material, providing designers instructions regarding the intended image of artwork supplying content.
• Using digital channels to raise attention. Scheduling email and social media messages to build attention and, for events, suspense leading up to the date.
• Speaking with local community groups and schools to gain their assistance advertising events, encouraging them to share details of the event through social media, physical advertising and word of mouth.
• Co-ordinating all above marketing efforts to effectively advertise the event. This includes ensuring the distribution of all marketing material is co-ordinated to achieve maximum impact.
• Organising mailings. Preparing lists and information to be sent out to BID Members.
• Minuting BID Committee Meetings if required.
• Contacting BID Members for information regarding business and information for projects.
• Creation and maintenance of Excel database
• Powerpoint presentations
• Advanced Excel, Word, Powerpoint
• Wordpress and a basic understanding of CSS
• Social media web analysis tools
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Mature, strongly motivated, able to work independently and multitask, eager to adjust to flexible working hours. (Strong motivation and initiative are vital in business/social interactions on behalf of the BID.)
• Able to apply concepts of market segmentation and customer targeting.
• Knowledge of the local area
• Interest in events, community engagement and place marketing
Closing date for applications: Sunday 26 July 2015
Interviews will take place on 3 August 2015
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by 5pm on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.