YCF Scotland produces a monthly journal reporting details of investments in early stage companies in Scotland, and other publications including a Guide to Finance for Young Companies.
Location: Home-based with regular meetings in Edinburgh
£10 per hour
20 hours per week for 10-12 weeks
YCF holds an annual conference in September each year, and this year’s event on 15th September at the Westerwood Hotel in Cumbernauld will be the focus for a number of additional projects:
• distribution of the second edition of the Guide to Finance
• a Young Company Showcase publication, highlighting some 20 entrepreneurial companies which will be exhibiting at the conference
• a half-day workshop in Edinburgh the following day (16th) on behalf of the London Stock Exchange's AIM market
Working as a Projects Organiser for YCF your main tasks will include but are not limited to:
• updating the lists of investors in the Guide – internet searches, email and telephone follow-up – in preparation for publication by the end of August
• compiling the information for publication of the Young Company Showcase document
• creating and updating lists of potential delegates for the AIM workshop, and managing bookings and invoicing
• marketing for all the above, including emails, Mailchimp, and social media
The successful intern can come from any degree discipline but must have an interest in marketing, events, and publishing. You will have strong IT skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel and have a sound knowledge of online services including Mailchimp. You will be Internet savvy, with experience in online research and social media marketing.
You will be an organised individual, able to manage your own workload and work well unsupervised. You will have a high attention to detail and a professional manner.
You must be able to travel to Edinburgh for regular face-to-face meetings.
Closing date for applications is 12th July, 2015, 5pm
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by 5pm on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.