AEL Ltd are leading electrical distributors in Aberdeen, supplying hazardous area electrical equipment and wholesale electrical supplies to Industrial, Marine, Offshore, Panel Builders, Distilleries and Petrochemical Industries in Aberdeen, the UK and worldwide
£16,000 p/a. Full-time for initial 6 months, with the possibility of a permanent role
AEL Distributors are looking a Quality, Health, Safety & Environmental Advisor. You will develop and deliver QHSE structures which support the company’s overall strategic aims and objectives. You will provide expert professional advice and support to managers and staff on all aspects of QHSE.
The responsibilities for this role include the following:
- Assist the director responsible for QHSE in ensuring the QHSE Committee and Steering Group are regularly informed of key quality, health, safety & environmental issues and to highlight any serious health and safety issues within the discipline of the company.
- Provide assistance and support to staff within the company on any quality, health, safety and environmental matters, and promote a positive quality, health, safety and environmental culture throughout the company.
- Assist the director for Quality, health, safety & Environmental in providing regular updates to communicate to all staff the company safety culture.
- Assist with the production of pre-tender information.
- Centrally control all QHSE files, plans and information on behalf of the director for QHSE.
- Ensure the company Quality health, safety and environmental policy is prepared, updated and periodically reviewed to reflect all current legislation.
- Prepare, update and maintain a company training plan, and new employees have either current appropriate certification or are trained accordingly to ensure compliance.
- Ensure all notifiable accidents and incidents are notified to the Health and Safety Executive in the appropriate manner and in compliance with the Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 1995 (RIDDOR);
- Investigate all accidents and incidents where loss and liability have been experienced, or which could potentially cause loss and liability in the event of a recurrence. Maintain statistics regarding accidents, incidents and near misses to recognise any trends.
- Thoroughly investigate any accidents resulting in the injured party not returning to work within 7 days and follow up with suggested action plans to remedy any route cause.
- Provide support & instruction to line managers in effective accident investigation.
- Devise and implement systems for monitoring the activity of the company by means of inspections, surveys, safety tours or audit regimes. Ensure the results of such monitoring are publicised in an appropriate manner.
- Liaise with any external auditor and provide any materials or information required.
- Review the company’s QHSE performance
The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level with a background in Health and Safety, Occupational Health, Quality Management or Human Resource Management or Compliance.
You will be a strong team player and posses the ability to work on your own, using your own initiative. You should have strong communication skills, both written and oral and be confident in talking to a wide range of stakeholders. You will be able to demonstrate strong attention to detail.
Closing date for applications is 10 November 5pm.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. State a. your availability and b. How you meet the requirements of the job specification. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.