Full-time, 12 weeks
Ideal start: February 2016
The team behind Glasgow clubbing institution Sub Club have launched their new record label, Nautilus Rising, and are looking for an intern to join the team.
Nautilus Rising's debut release featured new tracks from four Scottish producers. They are now working on six new releases and a compilation for 2016.
A key player in Glasgow's underground club scene, Sub Club celebrated its 25th anniversary back in 2012 and its flagship club night Subculture is widely recognised as the longest running weekly House & Techno night in the world.
Nautilus Rising are looking for a creative graduate with a passion for music to conduct some research, design and marketing. The post holder will have the following roles and responsibilities:
• Develop new marketing strategies and ideas with Nautilus Rising A&R and PR departments
• Provide input into design images and graphics to be used for labels and social media
• Coordinate with the art department and production to design tools such as posters, stickers, cover art, digital assets
• Write copy for various promotional tools such as email blasts, etc.
• Plan and organise meetings for Nautilus Rising A&R managers and team
• Manage and support artist events within and outwith Sub Club
• Minute meetings to discuss current and upcoming marketing and promotional plans
• Create and update artist calendars, timelines, schedules, and weekly reports
• Coordinate various artist projects and activities with all other departments
• Liaise with outside marketing and street team companies and provide tools such as posters, stickers, CDs, samplers and music
• Maintain A&R, marketing, PR & artist calendars and schedules and monitor phones
• Attend events and parties to form relationships with Nautilus Rising artist's and A&R team.
The ideal candidate will be skilled in research with strong attention to detail and a background or passion in music, business, marketing or any other related creative discipline. You should be IT proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook), internet-based research and confident using a range of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Soundcloud).
You will ideally possess at least one-years experience in the music industry and preferably have a working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and/or Illustrator. Candidates with interest and experience in Ableton Live or a similar software music sequencer and digital audio workstation program are at an advantage.
The highly motivated individual should be organised, conscientious, and able to time manage and prioritise effectively. You’ll also need to demonstrate an excellent standard of written and oral communication, be comfortable meeting clients and presenting ideas to the team. An understanding of the electronic music industry is desirable.
Closing date for applications is 18 January 2016, 12noon.
Interviews will be held week commencing 25 January 2016.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. State a. your availability and b. How you meet the requirements of the job specification. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.