Play Talk Read (PTR) is a Scottish Government early years campaign promoting positive interaction with under threes from day one through simple, inexpensive activities (playing, talking and reading)
£ 7.65 per hour. Full-time (35 hours per week) until 31st March 2015
Interviews will be held w/c 1st December 2014
PlayTalkRead provides parents with resources, confidence and knowledge to engage meaningfully with their child. The PTR roadshow is delivered from two converted buses and visits all 32 Scottish local authorities. The PTR roadshow is managed by Working on Wheels.
The successful candidate for this role will be working within the PTR team to help ensure the ongoing success of the campaign.
As the PlayTalkRead Roadshow Co-ordinator your main tasks will include:
- Assisting the PTR Campaign Manager on a variety of tasks associated with the management of the PTR campaign.
- Supporting the campaign manager in logistical planning of the PTR roadshows.
- Following up with contacts to book local roadshows and events and confirm arrangements for PTR roadshow visits.
- Distributing pre-publicity about the PTR roadshow to local partners in advance of events
- Contributing to the social media promotion of the roadshows.
- Updating research briefs for all 32 Scottish Local Authorities.
- Administrative duties associated with the role.
The ideal graduate will have a background/experience in marketing and/or events management alongside excellent organisation skills and have a proven track record of being able to meet tight deadlines. You should be proficient in IT, including Microsoft Excel and Word and the use of the Internet and online search engines.
An excellent communicator, you should be able to demonstrate outstanding verbal and written communications skills. The ability to assimilate information quickly; to write clearly, effectively and accurately is essential to this role.
You will have the ability to work take initiative and work without supervision. Previous experience in or understanding of national early year’s strategies and the third sector would be beneficial, though are not essential
Closing date for applications is 23 November, 5pm.
Interviews to be held week beginning the 1 of December.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by 5pm on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.APPLY