NAF! Salon is a concept salon in the heart of Glasgow specialising in nails and nail art but also offering beauty treatments and make-up services within a cool, relaxed and quirky setting. The salon is fast paced a fantastic creative environment to work in, we are looking for a graduate intern to join the managerial team and help us create the best client experience possible.
£7.85 per hour
30 hours per week for 12 weeks. Extension possible for the right candidate
As a Salon Manager Intern you will be responsible for the day to day running of the salon. You will ensure that appointments are running smoothly and efficiently and that staff are allocated the correct work load for their skills while also making sure client satisfaction is maintained and treatments are of a consistently high standard. You will be required to man the reception area which includes taking bookings and dealing face to face with clients as well as assisting the owner with event management and maintaining brand identity.
Summary of duties:
• Ensure the smooth operation of the salon, monitoring of appointments and reception area.
• Work with the Owner in the ordering of stock, exercise control of stock levels including inventories, prepare purchase orders and organising materials.
• Cash handling as required and manage the booking system for client records, cashing up and stock control.
• Assist with salon marketing
• Ensure that all equipment is clean and in working order and arrange for repairs and servicing as required.
• Oversee the quality of the salons’ provision and ensure high standards of client satisfaction.
• Promote the salon and have a good knowledge of any specialised treatments and products available.
• Ensure that internal and external customer service given within the department is to the highest standard at all times.
• Deal with any internal and external customer complaints or customer requests as and when required.
• Manage and communicate with staff and rentals
This is a perfect opportunity to get a foothold in the fashion and beauty industries and gain real, worthwhile experience in a salon environment at managerial level. At NAF! Salon we work hard but we have fun doing it, and the right candidate will have the opportunity to stay with us following the internship. NAF! Salon are seeking an intern who will run with opportunity to gain valuable experience from this position and will expect a hardworking attitude, flexibility and adaptability due to the reactive nature of the creative brand.
The ideal graduate will be hardworking, flexible with excellent cash handing skills. You will be able to work effectively own your own initiative and as part of a team. You will have an excellent grasp of the English language with strong communication skills, including excellent email and telephone etiquette. You will have a confident and assertive nature which sees you comfortable speaking to anyone, anywhere and at any event. Applicants with supervisory experience will be favourably considered.
You will be IT literate and proficient in all Microsoft programmes; including Word and Excel. You will also have exemplary organisational skills including timekeeping and keeping records.
Closing date for applications is 2 November 2015, 12noon.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. State a. your availability and b. How you meet the requirements of the job specification. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.