The Scottish Segway Centre began operating at The Falkirk Wheel in June 2015. It’s a wonderful location and superb spot to go for Segway Safaris!
£7.85 p/hr, 30 hrs/week for 12 weeks
The Scottish Segway Centre is a collaboration between Falkirk Hire Boats (who provide Narrow Boat holidays on the local canals), Glencoe Activities (who have an established Segway business on the West Coast of Scotland) and Scottish Canals.
Are you interested in helping the new Scottish Segway Centre find customers and develop its corporate business? This exciting new enterprise needs effective, practical sales activities to get the word out and build long-term markets. You could lead some amazing Segway Tours, too if you want!
The Scottish Segway Centre wishes to recruit a graduate to help develop the market for Segways in central Scotland, and to help out at the operation itself. This has to become a year-round business, and the urgent challenge is to find customers for the shoulder and winter seasons. Your key challenges in this role will include:
• Being part of a small team who operate Segway Tours and deliver customer delight
• Introducing a system to monitor, evaluate and report customer satisfaction
• Manage and develop social media
• Review and enhance the businesses Sales and Marketing Plan for The Scottish Segway Centre with the aim of focusing upon practical, effective activities to ensure that the business has a high profile to e-users (those on holiday in the area, looking for things to do)
• Execute the plan by meeting intermediaries (press, local hoteliers, potential corporate clients, leaflet distribution agencies etc) and developing sales relationships
• Manage the sales and promotion budget
The ideal candidate will have a can-do attitude, bubbly character and experience of working in a commercial environment to tight budgets. Practical experience of sales and marketing activities. They will have a passion for outdoor adventure and enjoy delivering great customer service. Good IT skills including practical experience of online communications / e-media and web development (Dreamweaver) are essential for this role. You should have a professional knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Google applications and Trip Advisor.
Closing date for applications is 12 August, 5pm.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. Use your cover letter to a. tell us your availability and b. demonstrate how you meet the requirements of the post. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.