Staunch Studio is an Apparel brand with a print and design studio, run and owned by Will Beeslaar and Janeanne Gilchrist.
£7.65 per hour. 2-3 days per week for 6 months.
(Please note that you will be invoicing Staunch Industries as a freelance/consultant. This is a very simple, uncomplicated process. You will also be advised to register as self-employed with HMRC if you are not already registered.)
Staunch Studios currently have an opportunity for a talented, enthusiastic Studio Assistant to join their busy, and growing in-house studio.
During this internship, you will work closely with the Directors to manage and develop the studio. Projects are turned over quickly and visual presentation is key to every aspect of the studio. The studio has a fun, easy, and happening vibe which complements its professional and pixel-perfect ego.
The successful person will:
- Prepare and edit artwork for print, as well as design manipulation.
- Assist with the finishing of bespoke jobs and the re-sizing of files for cross platform.
- Research how other similar organisations use marketing channels to achieve business objectives
- Maintain and develop presence on social media: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest
- Help with other general administration.
- Ensure the studio resources are sufficiently matched to the workload (studio maintenance): stock checks, equipment sourcing, organising etc.
The role will include assisting with design and production of a new print project.
This is a great chance to be part of a growing team, and for the right candidate this position could become permanent.
The studio environment is relaxed and friendly and has a couple of well behaved Jack Russell terriers Molly and Jeff. You should be able to work from the Leith-based studio throughout the internship.
This role would be best suited to individuals with the below qualities:
- Background and strong understanding of print and design
- A keen eye for layout and typography
- Experience in artwork set-up for print and design manipulation
- Slick skills in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
- Excellent communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and maintain a high standard simultaneously
- Proactive and positive
- Organised, efficient, and able to stick to tight deadlines
- Ability to understand the target market and generate creative ways to promote the business
- Skills in social media
The role is fast paced and calls for a highly adaptable, confident all-rounder who will bring a sense of humour, an eye for detail and a passion for design.
The ideal candidate will have a well-considered portfolio of varied work, with a focus on print, digitally designed work and social media examples. You should showcase your work in a way that emphasises your meticulous and creative understanding of design and print and how it can translate into our apparel range.
On the design front, you should be able to work quickly to create promotional design from scratch, make templates, edit and change content – all in-keeping with the brand aesthetic and always ensuring a high quality of output.
Every week is different, so you must have the ability to adapt quickly. It's important that you can hit the ground running, Staunch is a small studio with a large workload, you must be independent and confident in your approach.
In return, this role will bring you exciting opportunities to develop personal creative projects and then implement them with the support of the studio.
Closing date for applications is 29 September 2014, 5pm.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by 5pm on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.
Please include a link to your online portfolio which will demonstrate 3 pieces of your work to showcase your skills. In your cover letter include a small description of why you would be right for this role and what “STAUNCH” is.APPLY