This project has now been completed.
In 2013 Adopt an Intern were approached by the Scottish Government to help them establish an internal graduate scheme which would place talented interns within multiple Scottish Government departments.
Initially looking to create 10 paid internships the scheme was proving to be extremely popular with both government departments and with graduates and the number of internships quickly increased.
Adopt an Intern took on all of the duties of advertising, shortlisting and phone screening candidates and in February 2014, 27 skilled graduates embarked on their 6-month internship within one of the following government departments.
- Commonwealth Games Legacy 2014 Team
- Commonwealth Games Coordination and Secretariat Team
- Commonwealth Games Delivery Team
- Cultural Excellence Team
- Cultural Strategy and Relations Team
- Disclosure Scotland
- Education Scotland
- Office of the Chief Scientific Advisor
- Better Regulation and Industry Engagement Team
- Entrepreneurship Team
- Business Reform Team
- EU Structural Funds Directorate Support Team
- Tourism and Major Events
- SEPA Sponsorship and Pollution Reduction Team
- UK & Ireland Relations Team
- Governance and Risk Team
- Policy for Carers Team
- Learning Attainment Team
- Learning ICT Team
- Strategic Development - Revenue Scotland
- Land Use & Biodiversity Team
- Government Records Branch - National Records of Scotland
- Data Access & Communications - National Records of Scotland
The Adopt an Intern team was extremely pleased with the high standard of applications that came in to fill these positions and we wish our successful interns all the best!
The project has now successfully been completed. To find out what our Scottish Government interns have been doing in their internships read their #internstory.