Starting Salary: £15,000 to £22,000 depending on experience, plus bonuses and other benefits. (Six months in OTE c£45,000 - 1 year in OTE £65,000)
This is an exciting time to join an established and expanding company within interesting markets:
• We don’t just change people’s careers… we improve their lives!
• Do you enjoy working with different cultures throughout the world?
• Are you seeking the opportunity to enhance your career at the same time as receiving great rewards?
• Would you be interested in working in a niche market?
• Are you looking for a role where you can make a difference?
• Would you like to work for a company that listens to your ideas and implements them?
• Do you like to work professionally and in a consultative manner?
• Are you seeking a role with a difference?
• Do you have ambition to be a Director and shareholder?
Think Global Recruitment specialises in placing Accountancy and Finance professionals across the globe. Working with candidates and clients from locations such as the Caribbean, USA, UK, Bermuda, Hong Kong, Dubai, Russia and Australia - quite literally everywhere which adds a really interesting slant to the recruitment process.
Our friendly and successful team at Think Global Recruitment are seeking a likeminded researcher to join us as either a Career Researcher or Trainee Consultant.
Why join us?
• With over 15 years experience of doing what we do, we are seen as The Leading Specialist in International Accountancy Recruitment and are often quoted in the press
• We do not only find jobs for people, we offer them the globe and improve their lives
• Excellent, long-established client portfolio that respect our service offering
• Loyal candidate following that continuously rate us the industry leader
• Grow with our expanding team and experience fast-track career progression
• Work for a company that listens to your ideas and implements them
• Receive excellent training and development in the TGR Training Academy
• We are approved Investors in Young People and have been used as a case study by IIYP
• Work alongside some of the industries most experienced recruiters
• Tap into one of the most extensive databases and store of international recruitment information
• We have a budget for international travel to visit our clients and candidates, this year our consultants have had the opportunity to visit Switzerland, the Channel Islands, Australia, New Zealand, Poland, Luxembourg, Paris, The UAE, Ireland and cities throughout the UK
• We have a marketing team that support overseas visits, marketing campaigns, set up events and ensure our social media is current and effective
• Enjoy working with systems and processes that make your life easier
• Utilise our first-class support team
• Work within our penthouse office with views of Edinburgh Castle and down to the water
• Great package, including excellent commission and bonus scheme – bonuses awarded in the last 12 months rewards included: holidays to Marrakech, Bahrain, Thailand, New York, tailored shirt, Thai Cooking Course at Chaophraya, Bar Fridge, Whisky Society Membership, Theatre tickets, Ghost Bus Tour Tickets, entire company half-day off for lovely lunch and skittles
• Some of our many benefits include gym subsidy, interest-free loans, fruit in the office, flexibility in hours and holidays etc
• Two main social events a year – Summer 2015 the company treated everyone to a team-building weekend in Amsterdam, Christmas 2014 we celebrated with an overnight stay, dinner and dancing in a beautiful historic castle – 2015 is still a surprise waiting to be unveiled!
Genuine career progression available.
This could be you:
- Daniel promoted, within 18 months of joining as a trainee, to managing a team of consultants
- Kevin, within 18 months of joining as a trainee, promoted within one year to managing a team
- Roger found himself, within 18 month of joining as a trainee, managing our business development with a resource allocated to assist him
- Alistair after 3 ½ years found himself responsible for the entire recruitment team and has share options in the business
With the right business case, career progression can lead to running teams or working as a Business Development Manager/Director anywhere in the world. Everyone’s career path can lead to Managing Director.
• Sourcing of candidates and clients worldwide
• Liaising with accountants and recruiters at all levels, throughout the world
• Coordinating the introduction of candidates to clients
• A variety of internet research for country information, visa information, company research
• Database management
• Writing and posting advertisements
• Assisting with the organisation of events domestically and internationally
• Occasional travel nationally or internationally
What you will need to be successful in this role:
• At least 1 year’s experience working in a professional office environment
• At least 1 year in a sales environment with successful track record
• A self-belief, drive and determination to succeed
• A high level of service ethics
• A creative approach
• A keen interest in people
• Experience of utilising the internet for research
• A team player
• Happy to work overtime from time-to-time
During the recruitment process Think Global Recruitment will expect you to demonstrate a number of personality traits, so you will need to demonstrate as many of them as possible in your written application, and in any subsequent telephone or face-to-face communication.
• Commercial Intelligence: having an understanding of why people buy, and being able to articulate your decision making process
• The ability to retain information
• A competitive yet team-playing spirit
• The ability to work with speed
• The ability to close
• Confidence in initiating and developing conversations with people at all levels
• Excellent communication skills: overseas candidates/clients will need to be able to understand you. The ability to listen actively and carefully. The ability to get your message across.
• Being motivated by the opportunity for excellent earnings potential and/or a passion to be in Recruitment specifically
• A work ethic that sees you willing to put time in to achieve results, especially when establishing a new desk (first few months). An understanding of the need to exceed KPIs to achieve targets
Closing date for applications is 17 December 2015, 12 noon.
An assessment day will be held in Edinburgh on 22 December 2015.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. State a. your availability and b. How you meet the requirements of the job specification. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.
Please confirm your eligibility to work in the UK.