£8.75 per hour
Full- or part-time for 12 weeks with the potential for extension
About the Company
Trtl is a travel retail brand based in Glasgow specialising in the creation and export of innovative travel products.
Trtl's first product on the market is the Trtl Pillow, it was created by Michael and David as a solution to a problem that most travellers experience: not being able to sleep on a flight. The Trtl Pillow is the travel pillow reinvented and is a comfortable way to help you sleep on the go. It can be used when travelling by car, plane, or train to help you sleep in a better ergonomic position than standard u-shaped travel pillows.
We are a small team with massive ambition and are looking to grow the Trtl team to help us venture on our journey to becoming a globally recognised brand that is synonymous with travel, comfort and innovation. We believe at Trtl that, if you sleep well, you create the foundation to experience more. Our goal in everything we do is to help you be ready for whatever adventure life throws at you. For more see our website.
Trtl are looking for an engaged and keen returner to support their growing business as a Finance Assistant to work with the Financial Officer and Finance team.
Core tasks include:
• Balancing subsidiary accounts by reconciling entries
• Processing sales invoices, receipts and payments
• Maintaining and balancing general ledger
• Checking company bank statements
Other tasks you will work on and develop throughout this role:
• Supporting the Financial Controller in the preparation of profit and loss sheets for annual accounts
• Dealing with financial reports by collecting, analysing, and summarising account information and trends
• Completing VAT returns
• Preparing invoices for the Inland Revenue
• Updating job knowledge and promoting self-development in your role
The following skills are desirable:
• Ability to work in a team as well as complete work independently
• Experience in finances and/or accounting, or demonstrable experience and ability in relevant financial skills as listed above
• Ability and willingness to be accountable for your own work
• Capable of using a range of key software such as MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint, and Xero (this one is desirable but not essential), in addition to using a variety of web services
• Willingness to learn throughout the role and expand your skills and responsibilities
• Attention to detail
• Ability to research and problem solve
• Good communicator - both written and verbal
Please submit a CV and covering letter through the Adopt An Intern online application form here.
State A) your availability and B) relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job specifications. We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.