Clooti work with small/independent creatives, businesses and charities, specialising in front end design, usability and accessibility.
£8.80 per hour. Part-time, 20 hours per week for 12 weeks
Working as a Web Developer and Programmer Intern you will assist with the development of bespoke designed, responsive, accessible and use-able, content-managed websites. You will also be involved in the development and maintenance of existing sites.
There may be the opportunity to be involved in developing aspects of Clooti’s in-house project management.
A fast-paced and varied internship, the successful intern will be involved in:
• Website optimisation (e.g. caching and code compression)
• Server and website troubleshooting with Wordpress, and Buddypress upgrades
• Ecommerce development and maintenance
• Direct coding of Wordpress, Buddypress and E-commerce plugins.
• Usability and Accessibility, standards compliance.
• Daily interaction with Cpanel /whm web hosting /linux, server
• Social media and SEO development
• Implementing github /version control
• Data input and website backups
CMS systems used: Wordpress, Woo-commerce, Cubecart.
(Please note that you will be invoicing Clooti Web Design as a freelance/consultant. This is a very simple, uncomplicated process. You will also be advised to register as self-employed with HMRC if you are not already registered.)
The ideal intern will have a background in computing, web development, programming, maths and/or computing. This is a technical role therefore pure coding skills are essential.
You will be skilled in the following areas:
• MySQL database
• Git or other version control software such as Mercurial or SVN
• Laravel possibly required.
• Linux system administration, Cpanel and whm
• HTML /CSS
App development and any other expertise may be useful.
Closing date is 26 May 2015 at 5pm
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by 5pm on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.