Keep Scotland Beautiful is the charity that campaigns, acts and educates on a range of local, national and global environmental issues to change behaviour and improve the quality of people’s lives and the places they care for.
Circa £16000 per annum. Full-time (35 hours per week), part-time hours may be possible
Fixed-term from 1 June 2015 – 31 March 2016
Keep Scotland Beautiful is committed to making Scotland clean, green and more sustainable.
They are seeking a creative and dynamic Web Officer to join their ICT team to provide maternity leave cover. Reporting to the ICT and Facilities Manager, the Web Officer (WO) will be a member of the Corporate Services Team. You will play a key role in the ongoing development of the Keep Scotland Beautiful website, helping to implement fresh ideas and innovative solutions to improve functionality and user experience.
Additionally, you will help to maintain web pages in support of other related projects including: Clean Up Scotland; Green Flag for Parks; Seaside Awards; Beautiful Scotland; It’s Your Neighbourhood; Eco-Schools; Sustainable Scotland Network and Climate Challenge Fund.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
1. To implement new web technologies to improve presentation and usability of online content.
2. To debug and refine existing code using knowledge of current web standards and relevant validation tools.
3. To learn about, maintain and develop the in-house Content Management System (Umbraco).
4. To regularly update website content in conjunction with other internal teams.
5. To develop and maintain close communications with fellow employees to ensure the maximum flow of information, understanding and ideas.
6. To help to ensure compliance with current web standards and good practice.
In addition, the following skills/experience are desirable, but not essential:
• Knowledge and/or experience of Umbraco CMS or other content management system
• Knowledge and/or experience of ASP.NET
• Knowledge and/or experience of Responsive Design
• Current knowledge &/or experience of Twitter, Facebook or similar social media widgets
• Awareness, interest and curiosity about broader issues related to website design and development (accessibility, browser compatibility, SEO etc.)
You will be smart, confident and enthusiastic, with a flexible approach and attitude and a commitment to equal opportunities and healthy and safe working practices. You will be able to exercise discretion in handling confidential and sensitive information, and feel confident about partnership working
For more information on Keep Scotland Beautiful you can visit their website.
Closing date for applications is 29 April 2015, 5pm.
Interviews will take place on Friday 8 May 2015.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. State a. your availability for interview and b. How you meet the requirements of the job specification. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.