An Edinburgh-based children’s play charity is looking for an enthusiastic graduate to work as Project Marketing Intern. Could you be the perfect candidate?
£7.85 per hour
Part-time, 21 hours per week for 12 weeks
Ideal start: 9 November 2015
The purpose of this role is to develop the marketing of the Work Smart training programme which may include market research and re-design as well as organising 2 pilot courses with the view to producing an evaluation report and future marketing strategy.
In this role you will develop a range of materials and a marketing strategy to take the project from pilot to delivery stage. The post will involve some market research and publicity material design but will focus on the development of the description and audience of the project which is based around play based training.
Key tasks and responsibilities will include;
• Research and understanding of aims and objectives of training programme and project needs
• Carry out market research around the name, contents, outcomes and cost of the current programme, including telephone and/or face to face conversations
• Examine existing materials / structure and adjust / re-design programme to reflect market research (this may involve name change, flyer design and course content)
• Identify future needs and potential audiences
• Identify 2 agencies to uptake a pilot of courses based on the new format and design and support delivery
• Adjust current evaluation methods and produce and Evaluation Action Plan (feedback methods linked to outcomes) for the service
• Produce an evaluation report for the two pilots
• Produce a future marketing plan and consider how this relates to the other training courses
We are looking for a recent graduate who will take ownership of this project to ensure its success. Support will be on hand when needed. This is a fantastic opportunity to put learning into practice and to leave with materials to add to a portfolio of work and an industry reference for future employment.
About the company
Smart Play Network is the national organisation supporting toy libraries, play services and play providers in Scotland.
We exist to:
• offer advice and practical tools to set up and maintain successful projects to deliver positive outcomes for children and families.
• directly deliver a number of ‘grass roots’ projects including the acclaimed Play On Wheels in Dundee and Fife, the exciting Play in A Pod programme, a new Play Ranger service and our long established Play Plus Toy Library in Edinburgh.
• work closely with others within the play and childcare sector as well as liaising with policy makers.
• represent our members views on forums and committees ensuring they have a voice within the wider sector.
• offer a range of training courses in Play as well as topics such as Evaluation and Social Media.
The ideal candidate will have a background in Marketing and Design, Research, Business or related disciplines and an interest in the work of charitable organisations in Scotland. You must be able to believe in and contribute towards the ethos and vision of the company. Excellent numerical, communication (written and oral) and liaison skills are essential.
You will be a confident and engaging individual with the ability to act on your own initiative and organise work. You should be competent in using Microsoft Office and other IT packages. You will possess a commitment to the success and sustainability of the project.
The following skills are highly desired but not essential:
• Confidence in using Photoshop for flyer design
• A flair for creative design
• Proven track record or portfolio of previous project work
Closing date for applications is 13 October 2015, 12 noon.
Interviews to be held on 29th October
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. State a. your availability and b. How you meet the requirements of the job specification. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.