£18,000 per annum
Full Time, 6 months with view to becoming permanent
Start Date: September 2019
About the Company
“MDG Group is a small, adaptable cost-management consultancy with an intelligent, motivated team that is keen to provide excellent customer service.
MDG Group operates from an office which sits on the River Tay close to the centre of Perth. The business currently consists of organising and managing business supply contracts for: Electricity, Gas, and Water.
In addition, MDG Telecoms is a telecoms service provider – lines, calls and broadband as well as voice over IP and both on premise and hosted phone systems.
Additional services include renewable energy advice and implementation, and carbon reduction consultancy. MDG Group wishes to grow significantly over the next ten years, targeting an annual growth rate of 21%.”
Learn more about MDG Group here.
Working with a small but motivated and supportive team, the successful candidate will embark on this exciting opportunity to be responsible for a portfolio of clients, ensuring effective procurement strategies are adopted for their supply contracts.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Carrying out a full tender exercise for customers’ supply contracts at the time of renewal
• Attending meetings organised with potential new customers, identifying and discussing customers’ needs
• Analysing the information subsequently provided by the potential new customer and presenting the results of a full tender
• Managing administration of agreed contracts
• Preparing sales invoices
• Carrying out regular review meetings with current customers to discuss services provided and to sell additional complementary services
• Identifying new customer targets, monitoring and recording progress with these targets and providing measurements of conversion from target to customer
• Lead generation through advertising and networking
• Reviewing products and pricing strategies
• General business management
MDG Group is looking for a graduate with a strong desire for success and an excellent team ethic. The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial drive and the capacity and desire to develop into a business leader.
Ideally, the candidate will hold a degree in a business related area, or will have experience in this field. However, applications from individuals who are enthusiastic about the idea of being in business and who are prepared to work hard and to grow within the business will be favourably received. You should have excellent communication skills (written and oral) and be confident when presenting information to clients and colleagues.
Previous experience of a client-facing role is desirable.
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact
email@example.com. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
Please submit a CV and Cover Letter through the Adopt An Intern online application form on our
website. Examples of what we expect in an application can be found HERE. All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State A) your availability and B) relevant experience and demonstrate how your skills match the specific requirements of the job description.
We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.