Location: Hammersmith, London
£13 per hour
Project role – 4 weeks
About the Company
“Apollo World Touring (AWT) is the Formula 1 broadcast series license operator for a global A-List entertainment platform, which travels the world with F1 and supercharges the most glamorous annual touring sporting event on the planet with the biggest stars from Entertainment, Sport, Gaming, Social & Fashion.
AWT is based in Zug, Switzerland, with offices also in London. It is a subsidiary of Apollo Branded Content Group International.”
Learn more about AWT here.
AWT’s finance function is largely outsourced both in the UK and in Switzerland. The company are considering bringing the UK accounting in house and maintaining the Swiss accounting with a third party. With a team of around 20 senior experienced people based in Hammersmith in London, the team are in need of some sort of Finance resource support. Key to the role is supporting the Finance Director who spends time in the UK, the US and Switzerland.
In this role, you will be involved in a mix of internal customer service and finance. You will certainly need a head for figures and an ability to keep your head when dealing with potentially difficult situations.
Your main responsibilities will be:
• Analyse travel spend (by month) from April19 to date. Analysis to provide traveller, destination, purpose of trip, cost: specifics to be agreed at commencement of the project.
• Working with the FD, recommend processes for capturing and monitoring ongoing travel spend
Subject to point 2 above, ongoing tasks to include:
• Reviewing Xero and analysing travel expenditure for the organisation
• Reviewing and analysing sources of travel expenditure – these will include expense claims, credit and debit card statements and supplier’s statements
• Reconciling between ledger entries, payments and expenditure
Whilst no formal academic accounting qualifications are required for the role, AWT is ideally looking for someone with at least an interest in bookkeeping or accounts work, backed up with a good standard of ability in Maths. You may also have qualifications or training in bookkeeping or accounts.
If you are comfortable working in a creative environment, reconciling detailed figures and working closely with like-minded colleagues then there may well be an accounts job out there waiting for you.
As this is a finance role you will need to be numerate, but much of your daily role will involve communicating directly with senior and less senior colleagues. For this, you need to be a good communicator with a calm but assertive manner. You will be asking people to explain their expenditure so it is important that you can exercise tact, remain patient and be discrete when required.
Skills advantageous for the project:
• Strong grasp and understanding of double-entry bookkeeping would be an advantage
• Ability to work independently whilst communicating as needed
• Methodical and logical working practise and style
• Experience with working relationships
• Working closely with Executive PA who is responsible for travel arrangements
• Liaising with senior executives who are travelling globally, frequently and are extremely busy
• Liaising with FD and the finance team (internal and outsourced)
• Computer skills, particularly with spreadsheets and using computerised accounts software
• Previous experience in office work, customer service or accounts
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
Please submit a CV and tailored Cover Letter through the Adopt An Intern online application form on our website.
Examples of what we expect in an application can be found HERE. All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State A) your availability and B) relevant experience and demonstrate how your skills match the specific requirements of the job description.
We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.