Location: Leith, Edinburgh
£18,000 – £22,000 per annum
Closing date: 24 January 2019, 12 noon
About the Company
SME Professional is one of the UK’s most trusted and advanced property software systems. A passionate, innovative and fast-growing company providing businesses with a range of services including cloud software development, website development, graphic design and digital marketing.
For SME Professional, responsive customer service is everything and their high quality of service is reflected by their customers repeatedly choosing SME Professional’s software as the backbone to their businesses. They’ve supported letting agencies across Scotland to help them manage and organise their workloads and are currently expanding UK-wide.
To learn more about SME Professional, visit their website here.
SME Professional are looking for an individual who is interested in a career in cloud software support, enjoys helping people and has a good understanding of software packages, system processes and working with numbers.
As a customer support specialist in the finance team, you will be helping our users navigate through our property management software to help them with features such as property ledgers, landlord statements, reconciliation and general property finance processes.
Main responsibilities of the role include:
• Managing and responding to technical support enquiries, via telephone and email
• Maintaining broad knowledge of all company products and services
• Helping to maintain procedures and processes
• Maintaining active relationships with clients
• Training clients on using our software
• Performing any other duties as reasonably requested
Benefits of working with SME Professional:
• Competitive salary with flexibility depending on experience
• Paid overtime - any hour that you work over and above your standard hours, you will be paid for
• Flexible holidays and flexitime
• Fantastic working environment
• Regular team social events, and multiplayer games consoles and board games in the office
• Childcare vouchers
• Cycle to work scheme
• Unlimited tea and coffee in the office; bean-to-cup coffee
• Subsidised unlimited soft drinks
• Free parking
• Excellent career opportunities for those who are driven
This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic growing business at an exciting stage of growth. There is tremendous potential for professional progression within the company for the right candidate.
Personality and team fit is as important as technical ability for this role. The successful candidate will be bright, a self-starter, ambitious and motivated to be successful at SME Professional. They will have a positive attitude, sharp mind and tenacious attitude.
You may apply whatever your education background as SME Professional value aptitude and team-fit more than specific qualifications. Previous experience working in the property industry in a financial role would be advantageous but is not essential.
SME Professional welcomes analytical thinkers, people who enjoy working with numbers and have common sense. With these qualities, plus training and informal mentoring, opportunities to develop and upskill will be plentiful.
You’ll fit in if you have the following qualities:
• A self-starter who will thrive working in a fast paced and exciting company
• Organised, excellent listening skills
• Superb written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent telephone manner with good customer service skills
• An understanding of financial processes and numeracy
• An active interest in software and learn quickly
• A keen eye for detail
• A logical and analytical approach to problem-solving
• Ability to work to tight deadlines without compromising quality
• A team player who enjoys helping people
If this sounds like you then SME Professional would love to hear from you!
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
Closing date for applications is 24 January 2019, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and covering letter through the Adopt An Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State A) your availability and B) relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job specifications. We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.