A fantastic opportunity has arisen to put your degree into practice within a large-scale Manufacturing and Production Environment at LifeScan Scotland, World Leader in Blood Glucose Monitoring Systems.
£22,000 p/a. 12 months, full-time
Lifescan is part of the Johnson and Johnson family, a global health care company with nearly 130,000 people working in more than 275 companies and 60 countries across the three divisions: Pharma (Janssen Pharmaceuticals), Medical Devices & Diagnostics and Consumer. They are looking for an Assistant IT Analyst to join the business for a one year internship. This is a unique opportunity allowing you to apply your knowledge and gain ‘hands-on’ experience whilst leading important projects to improve efficiency within the business.
The role of Assistant IT Analyst is to provide a support and development service that meets the needs of the business, within a regulated industry. Your responsibilities will include working on assigned projects to carry out:
- Systems and Process Analysis
- Systems design and costing
- Project planning and monitoring
- Project Implementation
- Stakeholder Management
Projects will be executed in areas as diverse as Business Applications, Manufacturing Control Subsystems, Laboratory Systems, Web-based Applications and Information Portals and Tablet Applications.
- A degree in a relevant discipline with a strong emphasis on Computer Science (Eg. Information Technology/Mechanical Engineering/Software Engineering)
- Basic SQL working knowledge (preferably MS SQL)
- Knowledge of methodical systems design methods
- Knowledge of formal Project Planning and Implementation
- Excellent communication skills
Closing date for applications is 2 October 2014, 5pm.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. State a. your availability and b. How you meet the requirements of the job specification. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.APPLY