Full-time, for 26 weeks
February 2017 start
Closing date: 16th January 2017, noon
About the Company
RBS has a single, simple purpose – to serve customers well. This is at the core of our ambition to build a bank known for its consistent, high quality customer service.
We want to be trusted, respected and valued by our customers, shareholders and communities.
We have put a common set of values at the heart of how we do business. Our values are not new, but capture what we do when we are at our best: serving customers, working together, doing the right thing, thinking long term.
We are looking for a keen and enthusiastic graduate to join us as an Assistant Segment Manager, to support the Core Customer Segment team in the development of segment propositions and management of the commercial and non commercial outcomes.
The main responsibilities of the post include:
• Collating information on target customer groups, competitors and the wider market and developing insight to help shape segment strategy and plans
• Analysing customer data and trends to identify opportunities to meet more customer needs and drive value growth
• Using customer and data knowledge to help size threats and opportunities facing the Core Customer Segment
• Supporting Segment Managers with the development of presentations to communicate Segment strategy and business development proposals
• Being responsible for reporting of regular MI detailing segment performance and KPI's
Day to day activities for the post holder will be as follows:
• Carry out research and data analysis to understand customer behavior and value
• Run internal focus groups and facilitate workshops
• Produce regular reports showing customer, competitor and market trends to inform decisions on segment strategy and tactics
• Produce regular reports of segment performance to help discussions with key Delivery Partners
• Prepare business proposals and presentations to share with stakeholders
These activities will be carried out within the bank’s policies, and delivered against regulatory and legal obligations.
If you're motivated, enjoy problem solving and have an interest in helping drive customer experience and value, then this is the opportunity for you
You will have an excellent ability to absorb significant amounts of information and produce recommendations based on insight. You will have a demonstrable ability to produce outcomes based on accurate analysis and evidenced decision-making.
You should have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build professional relationships quickly.
You will be able to work effectively under strict deadlines, prioritise and take initiative.
The ideal applicant will be a graduate with a Business, Marketing or related degree. Applicants with some experience of the Banking industry, regulatory and/or commercial environments, or with a good level of knowledge of relevant legal policies, regulations and risk management are particularly welcome.
Closing date for applications is 16 January, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by noon on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.
Please confirm your eligibility to work in the UK.