Krotos Ltd designs and distributes software for audio professionals. Their first product is Dehumaniser, a vocal processor that transforms voices into high quality monster and imaginary creature sounds in real time.
Location: University of Edinburgh’s King’s buildings and home based
£7.65 per hour, 20 hours per week for 3 months.
Their software is used by the biggest sound, game and film studios worldwide. The company wish to employ a graduate intern to help them with software development. Specific tasks during this internship will include:
- Programming using the visual programming language Max/MSP
- Designing new elements in the existing software and fixing bugs.
- Designing and recording sounds
(Please note that you will be invoicing Krotos Ltd as a freelance/consultant. This is a very simple, uncomplicated process. You will also be advised to register as self-employed with HMRC if you are not already registered.)
The ideal candidate will:
- Be educated to degree level with a background in audio.
- Have previous sound design / recording experience and excellent programming skills in Max/MSP.
- Have a strong desire to expand your technology knowledge and to learn industry best practice in commercial software development.
- Have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Have experience in C++, Unity and Wwise is not essential but it’s a plus
Most importantly, the successful candidate will be curious, willing to learn and get stuck in!
Closing date for applications is 30 September 2014, 5pm
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by 5pm on the closing date. State a) your availability and b) relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.APPLY