Part-Time, 20 hours per week for 12 weeks (potential for extension)
£18k - £22k (pro-rata / dependant on experience)
Closing date: 27th July
Starting date: w/c 20th August
Interview date: 6-8th August
About the Company
FutureX is perhaps not like your traditional company. They put their values above everything else and truly believe that they are building a better world through business.
They work to harness the power of entrepreneurs to tackle some of the world's greatest challenges. Along with individual programmes, they host international summits and retreats that bring together visionaries, movers, shakers, trendsetters, entrepreneurs, and educators, with the aim of creating a better world through business.
From high profile conferences attended by 1000+ delegates, through to bespoke, immersive retreats and programmes for groups of 10 or less, their events vary markedly in terms of scale, style, and tone. They all, however, share a customary attention to detail and personal touch that sets them apart, promoting purpose-driven business values in the UK and beyond.
As a Business Development Assistant you will play an integral part in the growth of the company, assisting the team at FutureX on a variety of business development, strategic planning and relationship building across all our programmes, events and projects. These will include but are not limited to, the following responsibilities.
• Using and refining our CRM systems (online and off) to ensure a high level of customer service and engagement is maintained throughout all our activities
• Supporting the sales process by assisting in the creation of leads, proposals and presentations
• Work with the leadership team to develop and implement strategies to build long-term, multi-year partnerships and sponsorship
• Foster relationships within the entrepreneurial community both locally and internationally
• Identifying new opportunities for business growth
• Assisting with the delivery of vital operational processes, general business admin, and participating in team and client meetings
• Working alongside our marketing strategy to position our partnerships and create content designed to attract entrepreneurs to our programmes
• Attending business events and acting as a representative for FutureX
• Maintaining regular contact and information sharing with our key stakeholders
• Seeking feedback from partners and clients, and securing testimonials for promotional use
You will report to the Managing Director and Operations Director, as well as working in close partnership with Head of Events and Marketing to sync up all our activity and output.
FutureX believe in providing a safe space for our team to grow and flourish. All ideas, thoughts and opinions are welcomed as we work collaboratively as a team. We have embraced a flexible working policy which is designed to empower our team to manage their workload in whichever format is optimal for them. We believe this allows people greater ownership of productivity and provides a greater sense of accomplishment and quality of life.
FutureX is looking for a bright, confident and proactive person who is passionate about making a positive impact on the world through their work. You may apply whatever your academic background as long as you can prove you have the skills and experience to do the job. A background is business management or marketing would be useful.
You must have good IT and administrative skills, be confident and personable when dealing with people, and have excellent oral and written communication skills.
You will be able to respond to tasks and work confidently and efficiently. You will be collaborative and work well with other teammates, while being comfortable working alone when necessary. The successful candidate will be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and be able to problem-solve quickly. You will be required to use your personal laptop for work and we may ask you to take additional security and data protections measures to secure your laptop.
Within this role you will develop and utilise business development skills, and have the opportunity to expand your professional network, whilst empowering a dynamic and innovative young company.
If this opportunity both scares and excites you, we want to hear from you.
Closing date for applications is 27 July 2018, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and covering letter through the Adopt An Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State A) your availability and B) relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job specifications. We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.APPLY