£20,000 - £24,000 (dependent on experience) per annum, pro rata
Part-Time (20 hours per week) Permanent
Starting date: w/c 4 March 2019
Closing date: 15 February 2019, 12 noon
Interview date: w/c 25 February 2019
About the Company
At FutureX, they put their values above everything else. Their long-term goal is to redefine the role of business, putting humanity and purpose at the forefront of companies of every size and sector. This will be vital to building the economies, societies and nations of the future.
FutureX work to harness the power of entrepreneurs, governments and corporates to use business as a force for good and to tackle some of the biggest challenges facing the planet. FutureX deliver international programmes and events that bring together a unique combination of visionaries, movers, shakers, trendsetters, entrepreneurs, and educators, giving them space to collaborate and catalyse change.
From high-profile conferences attended by 1000+ delegates, through to bespoke, immersive retreats and programmes for groups of 10 or less, FutureX’s events vary markedly in terms of scale, style, and tone. They all, however, share a customary attention to detail and personal touch that sets them apart, promoting purpose-driven business values in the UK and beyond. FutureX also curate and produce online articles and communicate with their audience online, reaching 1.5 million people in 2018.
As a Business Development Lead, you will play an integral part in the growth of the company, assisting the team at FutureX on a variety of tasks including business development, strategic planning and relationship building across all their programmes, events and projects. These will include but are not limited to, the following responsibilities.
● Identifying and communicating with key organisations and corporates, locally and internationally who work with entrepreneurs and business leaders
● Developing creative partnership ideas and collaborations
● Identifying, qualifying and building on new leads and
● Refining CRM systems (online and off)
● Establish and maintain high-level relationships
● Work alongside the leadership team to implement strategies that build long-term and multi-year partnership and sponsorship deals
● Assisting with the delivery of vital operational processes, general business admin, and participating in team and client meetings
● Attending business events and acting as a representative for FutureX
● Maintaining regular contact and information sharing with key stakeholders
● Seeking feedback from partners and clients, and securing testimonials for promotional use
You will report to the Managing Director and Operations Director, as well as spend time working in close partnership with Head of Events and Marketing to sync up all activity and output.
FutureX believe in providing a safe space for their team to grow and flourish. All ideas, thoughts and opinions are welcomed as we work collaboratively. We have embraced a flexible working policy, which is designed to empower their team to manage their workload in whichever format is optimal for them. We believe this allows people greater ownership of productivity and provides a greater sense of accomplishment and quality of life.
Although this position is initially part-time, there is tremendous potential for professional progression and full-time responsibilities as the role develops.
FutureX is looking for a bright, confident and proactive person who is passionate about making a positive impact on the world through their work. Applicants from all academic backgrounds are welcome to apply as long as you can prove that you have the skills and experience to do the job.
You will be expected to generate ideas and formulate plans, working confidently to lead and execute projects effectively both with the team and independently.
The following skills and qualities are required to be successful in this role:
● Entrepreneurial approach and mindset
● Self-starter who can work independently, as well as part of a wider team
● Confident and proactive
● Comfortable negotiating and finding solutions
● Creative thinking
● The ability to sell products and services
● The ability to use your initiative
● Good IT and administrative skills
● Ability to be considerate and personable when dealing with people
● Excellent oral and written communication skills
● Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and be able to problem solve quickly
You will be required to use your personal laptop for work and you may be asked to take additional security and data protection measures to secure your laptop.
Within this role, you will develop business development skills and expand your professional network whilst directly impacting and shaping a dynamic and innovative young company. If you can, please highlight any experience building and managing new commercial relationships and/or working alongside major corporates.
If this opportunity both scares and excites you, FutureX want to hear from you!
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
Closing date for applications is 15 February 2019, 12 noon.
Interview date will be the week commencing 25 February 2019.
Please submit a CV and covering letter through the Adopt An Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State A) your availability and B) relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job specifications. We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.