Location: Dalry, Ayrshire
£500 per week + expenses
Full-Time, 35 hours p/w for 12 weeks (Contract extension upon review)
Closing date: 29 September 2017, noon (extended)
Interview date: w/c 2 October 2017 tbc
Start Date: 20 November 2017
About the Company
By creating the world’s first ethical, painless rat-catching and dispatching systems, Ratagon is a business that offers many benefits to society. Using cutting-edge science and innovative technology, they have invented, tested and patented an ethical, painless trapping device that brings trapping into the 21st century.
Governments worldwide are becoming aware of the problems that toxic poisons cause and for this reason they are being banned. Many traps currently in use will soon become either illegal or useless and will have to be replaced. Ratagon are thus in a perfect position to replace these existing barbaric trapping methods and the use of poisons that have changed little in many years. By doing so, they will solve problems for customers and suppliers alike, by replacing many of them with a patented, painless, ethical method of eliminating pests.
The company’s aim is to work with manufacturers and suppliers to help them to supersede their existing products, and are currently in discussion with several key players to see how to best take the technology forward.
Ratagon is currently looking for a motivated individual who can take responsibility for several business development opportunities, making an immediate commitment to the efforts of the team
The role of the Business Development Manager (BDM) is to improve the company’s market position and achieve financial growth. The BDM will work in a senior sales position within the company, working with the MD to increase sales opportunities to maximise revenue for the company. To achieve this, they will need to find potential new customers, present to them, ultimately convert them into clients.
This role would include sales, supporting business growth opportunities, cultivating & managing customer relationships, and elements of administration.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
New Business Development
• Research and build relationships with new clients.
• Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging Ratagon's network.
• Arrange meetings between client decision makers and company’s practice leaders/Principals.
• Plan approaches and pitches. Develop proposals that speak to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
• Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
• Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
• Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
Business Development Planning
• Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
• Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
• Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
Management and Research
• Manage day-to-day operations including administration responsibilities.
• Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
• Manage the company’s CRM or other sales management system.
• Work with marketing staff to ensure that prerequisites (like pre-qualification or getting on a vendor list) are fulfilled within a timely manner.
The ideal candidate will have a relevant business degree, including sales and marketing. The candidate will also have excellent soft skills and enjoy dealing with people. It is imperative that you have a firm belief in the ethical values of Ratagon.
You should also be able to demonstrate the following:
• Organisational skills and the ability to work smarter as well as hard.
• That you are proactive and enthusiastic.
• A genuine interest in helping customers.
• Excellent communication skills.
• The ability to use a range of software such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint, in addition to a variety of web services.
Within this role there is some travel, so a valid UK driving licence is required.
Ratagon accepts that the BDM may not have a vast knowledge of the market, but training will be given to ensure a thorough knowledge of the market, and the solutions/services the company can provide.
This exclusive 3-month internship is an excellent opportunity to gain invaluable practical experience in business development, administration and client account management. Within this role you will have the opportunity to expand your professional network, working with an established entrepreneur, whilst empowering a dynamic and innovative company.
There is enormous potential for professional progression for the right candidate, including bonus and share schemes, and the potential to grow their own salary, as the company grows. An extension of the contract after the internship placement is expected, as the right candidate would essentially be creating their own role within the company through their business development efforts.
Closing date for applications is extended to 29 September 2017, noon.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the AAI online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by noon on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Please confirm your eligibility to work in the UK.