£18K (after 6 months 20-22K if extended)
37.5h per week for 6 month duration
Closing date: 30 August 2016, noon
About the company
Omega Product Developments, a company which engages in research and development of new business concepts is a sister company to seafood processor Aquascot, a well-established market leader employing 180 people. (www.aquascot.com). The company is based in Alness, a town around 20 miles north of Inverness in the Scottish Highlands.
A vacancy has arisen for a Business Support Analyst to join the company, who wish to recruit a Business Studies graduate to help undertake a range of analyses and data gathering to help their growing business. The range of tasks and projects will be very varied. The company has developed a “Blue Skye Ideas” process to help generate and score business ideas and turn them into concrete business plans.
Reporting to the Research Manager, the successful candidate will be engaged in tasks such as (but not limited to) the following key tasks:
• Competitor analysis
• Building a stock control system (spreadsheet based)
• Cost of production analysis
• Building KPI reports
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following key attributes:
• Highly proficient IT skills including Excel and report building
• A high degree of flexibility and adaptability in order to adapt to a variety of complex tasks
• Exceptional organisational skills and able to set and meet deadline
• Diligent, fast moving and flexible, able to work accurately with a focus and attention to detail and with an appreciation of the “bigger business picture”
• Able to take responsibility to manage own workload
• Able to use own initiative and also be able to work effectively as part of a cross-functional team
• Enthusiasm to deliver results and real change
• Highly motivated
• Strong and effective communicator both orally and in written form.
You should also demonstrate in your application that you have considered the impact of the geographical location of this post on your ability to work in it.
Closing date for applications is 30 August 2016, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by noon on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.
Please confirm your eligibility to work in the UK.