£8.51 per hour
Full-time for 6 months
Closing date: 2 November 2017, noon
About the Organisation
Stirling Council's area lies at the very heart of Scotland. It covers 220,000 hectares from Tyndrum and Crianlarich in the southern highlands to the villages of Killearn and Strathblane in the south-west and the former mining villages of Plean, Fallin and Cowie in the east. The 83,000 population splits 50:50 urban to rural, with the urban population centering around Stirling, Dunblane and Bridge of Allan.
The Council wish to recruit an enthusiastic and motivated graduate to work in Infrastructure Delivery in the Capital Project Delivery Team supporting architects and architectural technicians in the delivery of Stirling Council’s ambitious capital programme. This is a new post for 6 months to prepare for the anticipated volume of work coming into the architectural team in the short to medium term.
As a successful applicant, your main tasks will include:
• Assisting the project delivery team in preparation of building layouts, general arrangement drawings, construction details and sketches associated with a variety of building projects, using computer-aided design (AutoCad)
• Assisting the project delivery team in the preparation of specifications and documentation for planning, tender and construction purposes.
• Accompanying the architectural team on attending site visits and undertaking measured building and condition surveys.
• Providing technical drawing support as required.
• General office and administration duties as required to maintain the efficient management of projects
• Undertake general technical office duties in maintaining project files, updating and preparing standard construction details, updating technical library / literature, technical plans and documentation reproduction.
• Any other tasks that are required to be completed
The ideal candidate will be a creative and enthusiastic individual who is able to demonstrate the following essential criteria:
• Suitably qualified (HND minimum) in use of CAD and ideally Revit
• Able to use SketchUp and Photoshop
• Good communication skills, and the ability to present to a target audience
• Ability to problem solve
• Creative flair
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office; in particular Excel
• Ability to work as part of a team and on their own initiative
• Able to form positive working relationships with individuals and services across the Council
• Ability to work effectively under pressure to set deadlines, with competing demands
• Driving license
Applications are particularly welcomed from individuals who can demonstrate knowledge of the current Building Regulations and statutory processes, and who possess Architectural CAD skills.
Closing date for applications is 2 November 2017, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the AAI online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by noon on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Please confirm your eligibility to work in the UK.APPLY