£8.33 per hour
Full-time, for 12 months
About the Organisation
Stirling Council's area lies at the very heart of Scotland. It covers 220,000 hectares from Tyndrum and Crianlarich in the southern highlands to the villages of Killearn and Strathblane in the south west and the former mining villages of Plean, Fallin and Cowie in the east. The 83,000 population splits 50:50 urban to rural, with the urban population centering around Stirling, Dunblane and Bridge of Allan.
Stirling Council are looking to recruit a CDF-Project Development Intern in order to undertake an assessment of the potential social an commercial opportunities and challenges for Stirling’s social enterprises and wider third sector within the City Development Framework. Your main responsibilities will include:
• Developing a project scope including key milestones and partners
• Project managing the assessment
• Undertaking key tasks within the project and work with partners, particularly in the third sector, to ensure delivery of all tasks
• Ensuring the following key deliverables are included with the project:
• An assessment of the opportunities for the third sector including social enterprises within the CDF
• An assessment of the range, scale and value of the third sector in Stirling as it relates to the City Development Framework
• An assessment of capacity gaps within the sector
• An assessment of opportunities for community control, ownership and management specifically within the Mercat Cross and City Centre Regeneration Project
• Identify the key elements required for an effective approach to social enterprise development
• Assess the contribution to employability to be made by the third sector
• Project development and delivery skills
• Research and analytical skills
• Ability to communicate to a range of audiences both orally and in writing
• Ability to work to own initiative and as part of a team
Ability to meet deadlines and work flexibly
• Knowledge of local government in Scotland
• Knowledge of the third sector
• Knowledge of social enterprise development
Please note that the post will be mainly office based and during core hours. Minimal travel likely to be required.
Closing date for applications is 20 April 2016, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by noon on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.
Please confirm your eligibility to work in the UK.