Collagen Solutions provides customers with medical grade collagen products and development services to create collagen components from concept to clinical trial stage, including technology transfer and contract manufacturing.
£15,500 per annum. Full-time for 3 months with a view to longer term contract for the right candidate
Summer 2015 start
Collagen Solutions are looking for a Cleanroom Production Operator. This is a great opportunity to gain a first foot on the ladder for a career in Life Sciences/Microbiology. The main tasks for this role will include:
- The manufacture of collagen based medical device products by following established protocols and instructions independently.
- Operating semi-automatic equipment.
- Maintaining a GMP grade C and B cleanroom in a compliant state, which includes cleaning and housekeeping duties.
- Performing in-process testing to ensure batches meet specification.
- With the assistance of others, trouble-shooting processes, procedures and product issues.
- Supporting cost improvement initiatives by reducing failures and improving capacity.
- Supporting department objectives/metrics and goals.
- Any other related duties as required and/or assigned.
Collagen Solutions offer training and practical experience which will allow you to gain lots of transferrable, industry-relevant skills.
You will be required to demonstrate the ability to meet standards as defined by the manufacturing process, follow established procedures as defined by training and SOPs and work within Health and Safety guidelines.
You will be a graduate with a background in Life Science or a similar field. A knowledge/ understanding of microbiology, medical applications of life science and/or protein chemistry would be an advantage.
You will be a motivated self-starter with a positive attitude and good work ethic who is able to take responsibility and be accountable for actions. You are required to demonstrate basic IT skills.
The successful candidate will be able to balance multiple tasks and prioritize critical tasks, demonstrating good time management and efficiency. You will have strong communication skills, both written and oral, and be confident seeking advice from resources at times of uncertainty. You will be able to take initiative to suggest new procedures and have a good eye for detail. Any previous experience in a similar industry would be beneficial, though not essential.
Closing date for applications is 10 May 2015, 5pm
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by 5pm on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.APPLY