Navigator is a niche employment law and health & safety services practice based in the West End of Edinburgh.
£7.65 per hour. Part-time (ideally Monday to Friday mornings) for 3 months, with the potential for extension for the right candidate.
Ideal start: mid-December.
Although only just over three years since launch, Navigator has grown steadily and currently provides legal support to Europe’s largest independent school, Scotland’s largest independent accountancy practice and the UK’s most high-profile meat substitute processor. We have exciting plans to grow the business again over the next twelve months and as part of that planned growth, we are seeking to appoint a graduate intern as a Client Relationship Assistant.
In this role the main tasks fall within four categories:
1. Research into a number of defined sectors for information gathering
2. Development of lists of potential customers
3. Management of outward marketing activities such as mailings and surveys
Customer Relationship Management
1. Development of a customer relationship management system
2. Input of information to CRM system
3. Management of various development campaigns
1. Review of current suite of marketing literature and materials
2. Refresh of marketing literature and materials
3. Collation of client testimonial literature
1. Creation of Social Media Plan
2. Implementation of Social Media Plan
3. Potential interaction with external PR company
4. Search engine optimisation
NB: there is no element of the role which could be described as tele-marketing. Any outward tele-marketing activity will be delivered by other staff. However, there may be some outward telephone activity primarily for information verification purposes.
The ideal graduate will have a background in a business-related degree such as Economics/Accountancy/Business Administration/Marketing but applications are open to graduates of other degree disciplines including Law.
You should be IT literate with a good understanding of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and ideally Access). You should be a strong communicator both verbally and in writing with a professional but friendly telephone manner.
You will be highly organised with a strong attention to detail. Previous experience of creating social media and PR plans for business or working with a CRM system would be advantageous.
Closing date for applications is 25 November 2014, 5pm.
Interviews will take place week commencing 1 December 2014.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by 5pm on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.