£16k - 20k pro rata (DOE)
Full time till end of October 2016
Closing date: 9 June 2016
About the Organisation
From 1 April 2015, one of Europe’s largest bus and rail operator, Abellio, took over the operation of Scotland’s Railway Network Franchise ‘ScotRail’. Worth up to £6 billion, this is the single biggest contract let by the Scottish Government. The franchise has a number of new initiatives and investments launched, which will make train travel more attractive for people and visitors throughout Scotland.
Abellio is looking for a determined intern to support the Relationship Manager and wider Policy, Strategy and Communications (PS&C) team on social media strategy delivery, event planning management, finance/budget tasks and reporting, review and reporting on organisation professional memberships, and administrative tasks to support wider team.
The main tasks will include (but won’t be limited to):
• manage content delivery and responses on Abellio social media accounts (namely Twitter at present, but may expand to other platforms) in line with the social media strategy, and with guidance from the Relationship Manager
• assist with event planning requirements (both events Abellio are to attend, and events Abellio are to host) and liaison with external suppliers/coordinators for these
• assist with budget related tasks – adding new supplier details to the procurement system, raising purchase orders, completing goods receipts, and compiling monthly budget reports
• complete a review of, and report on, the professional memberships currently held by Abellio
• attend events as on observer on behalf of Abellio alongside the Relationship Manager
• respond to enquiries from stakeholders, PS&C Team, wider colleagues and accounts – under the supervision of the Relationship Manager
• work with the Relationship Manager and wider PS&C team on various projects, preparing and providing project related information
• providing general administrative support to the PS&C team and anything else as required by the business.
The ideal candidate will have a degree or advanced level college qualification in Communications, Marketing, Business Management or a related subject. You should have some experience and an interest using a range of social media platforms to carry out brand communication, digital community development, customer service and audience development. Some experience in organising events/Events Management will also be beneficial.
The proactive individual must be well organised, with excellent verbal and written communication skills and good numerical skills. You should be comfortable working under pressure; and be willing to adapt and learn quickly. The successful individual will have strong attention to detail and must be able to work independently as well as in a team. Experience in working with procurement software and purchase order numbers etc. is desirable.
* Please note that the role requires the intern to be flexible to travel to other locations within the UK.
Closing date for applications is 9 June 2016, 12 noon. Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by noon on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.
Please confirm your eligibility to work in the UK.