Argyll College UHI is proud to be an academic partner of Scotland's new university, The University of the Highlands and Islands.
Full-time, for 12 months (with potential for 1 year contract extension, for the right candidate)
Argyll College provide a range of courses over a wide range of subjects and deliver these at local centres in Argyll.
As one of 13 partners that make up the University of the Highlands and Islands, Argyll College offers over 1500 students access to an exciting and ever increasing range of higher education courses via our network of learning Centres throughout Argyll. We work closely with the region's High Schools and our courses range from Skills for Work, SVQs, FE & HE through to Degree and Post Graduate options. The college operates a number of hair salons and an award winning children's nursery in Oban.
Please see the website for more information on the college: www.argyllcollege.ac.uk
A position exists within Argyll College’s newly created communications team for a dynamic individual to assist in the promotion of the college, contribute towards student recruitment and support internal communications within the college. This is a very small dynamic team, which will mean the intern is given real opportunities to take the initiative, putting their own stamp on delivering their responsibilities.
The main duties of the post will include:
• The development of digital marketing and social media channels, including the compilation of a content development strategy.
• The design, production and placement of press and radio advertising.
• Production of marketing literature such as course information leaflets, posters and prospectus.
• Collate, review and analyse market intelligence and competitor activity.
• Contribute to the development of a marketing strategy and campaign planning.
• Writing press releases and web/social media content.
• Establish and maintain an image/video library for use in marketing activities.
• Develop an internal newsletter for students and staff.
• Administer Student of the Year Awards.
• Assist with the graduation Event.
• Administer student surveys and other student communications as necessary.
From time to time the post holder will be required to undertake duties outwith those specified.
*The post holder may be located in any of the learning centres situated throughout Argyll (Oban, Lochgilphead, Campbeltown, Dunoon, and the Islands of Mull, Islay, Bute, and Arran). See here for more info.
The intern will be directly involved in shaping, developing and implementing a brand new digital marketing strategy from scratch so the candidate will be educated to degree level, ideally with a background in Marketing, Digital Media and/or graphic design.
• A minimum HND or equivalent in media/marketing related discipline.
• Self-motivated and shows initiative.
• Ability to work to deadlines and under pressure.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to communicate to a high standard both in writing and orally.
• Proficient in the use of IT and with an excellent knowledge of the digital marketplace.
• Organisational Skills with the ability to manage own workload with minimal supervision.
• 1-2 years of work experience working within a marketing environment.
• Knowledge of the FE/HE sector.
• Creative and Dynamic.
• Candidates with a driving licence who are willing to travel throughout Argyll.
Closing date for applications is 12 November 2015, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website before 12noon on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. How you meet the requirements of the job specification. Please specifically reference how you feel working in a small team will benefit as well as challenge you, as well as where in Argyll it would be most convenient for you to be based. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.
Communications and Marketing Assistant Intern with Argyll College https://t.co/BbL4Uo5n1U— Adopt an Intern (@AdoptAnIntern) October 31, 2015