The Young Academy of Scotland is part of a growing international movement in which national academies are establishing young academies across Europe and beyond.
£19,584 per annum. Full-time, 35 hours per week for 12 months
Established by the Royal Society of Edinburgh (RSE) in 2011, the Young Academy of Scotland (YAS) provides a platform for able and innovative young entrepreneurs, professionals and academics to develop a coherent and influential voice, and to address the most challenging issues facing society in Scotland and beyond.
YAS is looking for a Communications & Executive Assistant to coordinate and deliver engaging communications to promote its work while providing general administrative support to the team. Within this role your main tasks will include:
• Maintaining and updating the YAS website, YAS social media accounts and increasing engagement.
• Maintaining internal communications and members’ newsletter, and developing and implementing strategies for internal and external communications including soliciting and editing copy from YAS members.
• Producing engaging material for marketing and publications.
• Providing administrative support for the YAS Facilitating Group, Working Groups, YAS meetings and events.
• Representing YAS within the RSE and at external meetings and events.
• Maintaining a record of YAS impacts and activities.
If successful you will be employed by the Royal Society of Edinburgh and its connected charities.
The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level, with the ability to work well using your own initiative and as part of a small team. Applicants must be confident website administrators and user of social media platforms. Applicants will have strong writing and reporting skills and the ability to tailor communications to different audiences.
You will be IT literate with a competency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Previous experience of databases and content management (using Joomla) is preferred. Strong writing and reporting skills and the ability to tailor communications to different audiences is essential to this role. You will have a good attention to detail, excellent interpersonal skills and have good administration experience supporting committees or voluntary organisations. Design skills, using InDesign are desirable, though not essential.
Closing date for applications is Thursday 19 March 2015
Interviews will take place week beginning 7 April 2015
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by 5pm on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.