The Scottish College for Educational Leadership (SCEL) is an exciting and innovative development for education in Scotland.
Location: Glasgow City Centre
£8.15 per hour. Part-time, 17.5 hours per week for 5 months
Start date: 27 October 2014 Interviews:20 October PM
The College’s vision is to support teachers and practitioners to make a difference through access to innovative and quality leadership programmes and services. See more at www.scelscotland.org.uk
SCEL wish to recruit a graduate Intern to help with their communications and brand awareness. Working as a Communications Intern you will use all forms of media to build, maintain and manage the reputation of SCEL. The successful candidate will assist SCEL’s National Coordinator in creating and delivering the organisation’s Communications and Social Media Strategy. In this role you will be responsible for the following activities:
- Contributing to the planning, development and implementation of communication and social media strategy and associated plans
- Gathering and disseminating news and information for SCEL from both within SCEL and from external sources in line with our communication objectives
- Drafting news releases for local, national and international media organisations as well as Twitter, LinkedIn and the SCEL web site
- Carrying out social media activity
- Support others in the implementation of our Framework for Educational Leadership developments
- Assisting with the organising of promotional events such as press conferences, event launches and graduation/award ceremonies.
The ideal candidate will have a background in Communications with a strong interest in social media, digital communications and brand awareness. Experience of carrying out social media marketing, producing promotional material and/ or news updates would be highly beneficial. Strong IT skills as well as outstanding communication (oral and written), interpersonal and presentational skills will be essential for this role.
Closing date for applications is Monday 6 October 2014, 5pm.
Interview Date: Monday 20th October 2014 (pm)
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by 5pm on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.APPLY