£17,000 per annum + generous benefits
Full-time, fixed-term contract till 30 April 2019
Closing Date: 2 December 2018
About the Company
The Big Lottery Fund is the largest community funder in the UK. Last year they awarded more than £75 million to over 1500 projects across Scotland.
The Big Lottery Fund believes strong, vibrant communities are built and renewed by the people living in them. Communities come in all shapes and sizes, and National Lottery funding is there for everyone.
The Big Lottery Fund focuses on supporting charities, community groups and people with great ideas, large or small, which will create opportunities for people to improve their lives. They aim to work with people flexibly, improving ways to engage with communities and building new partnerships with other funders, charities and individuals.
You can find out more about working for the Big Lottery Fund here.
Are you a confident communicator who enjoys working with people?
Are you passionate about the power of communities to change things for the better?
The Big Lottery Fund is looking for a communications intern to work with their Scotland Communications team. This is a unique opportunity to gain invaluable experience with an in-house communications team delivering key objectives for an organisation, which puts people in the lead in their community, supporting them to thrive.
You’ll support The Big Lottery Fund’s key communications objectives by putting customers at the heart of your work. As the communications intern you’ll be expected to:
• Be flexible, providing communications support to a range of staff, teams and internal customers at all levels across the organisation, and the Scotland Committee
• Be a crucial point of contact for a range of external customers and stakeholders, and will contribute content in different formats
• Support the delivery of a range of communications activities across a number of channels
A more in-depth description of the role can be found here.
The Big Lottery Fund are looking for people who share their values, want to make a difference and have the potential to develop in this role. The Big Lottery Fund are particularly interested in creating a more diverse workforce, someone who really understands the communities they work with.
The following skills are desirable:
• Ability to plan, organise and work flexibly as part of the team
• Able to deliver excellent customer service
• Experience in writing content for a variety of uses and formats
• Experience of using digital and social media channels including analytics
• Experience of using Microsoft Office software including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• An understanding and experience of the Scotland communications landscape (through traditional print, digital, communications or a PR team)
Closing date for applications is 2 December 2018.
Please submit a CV and covering letter through the Adopt An Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State A) your availability and B) relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job specifications. We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.