£15k to £17k per annum (DOE) plus benefits*
Full-time for 12 months (possibility of extension)
Closing Date: 4 September 2017, noon
Interview Date: 18 September 2017
About the Company
The General Teaching Council for Scotland (GTCS) is the independent professional body which promotes and regulates the teaching profession in Scotland. The principal statutory aims of GTCS are to contribute to improving the quality of teaching and learning and to maintain and improve teachers’ professional standards. More information on GTCS, its work and values, can be found on the GTCS website.
The successful candidate will join the existing GTCS Communications Team, and the larger Digital Team, to develop and implement a range of responsibilities, including:
• Create engaging content/copy for online publication (including social media).
• Add content to GTCS websites through the Content Management System.
• Assist in the maintenance and population of social media channels.
• Assist in the gathering and analysis of data captured through our website, social media and e-newsletter platforms.
• Analysis and reporting/analytics of media coverage.
• Assist in providing quality assurance processes for GTCS publications, including ensuring appropriate branding and styling.
• Support media management activities at Fitness to Teach hearings and through media enquiries.
• Promote the work of GTCS and develop its links with the profession and other key stakeholders through communications and marketing activity as required.
• Support in the implementation of the GTCS annual Communications Plan and any other specific team projects as required.
(*) Benefits include 36 days’ annual leave (inclusive of public holidays), a 35-hour working week and a flexible-working policy.
The ideal candidate will be a creative and enthusiastic graduate, skilled in Communications with strong writing and analytical skills. All academic backgrounds may apply, although a background in marketing, communications, business studies, journalism or related field would be beneficial. You should be confident when using a range of social media platforms (specificallyTwitter) to carry out brand communication, digital community development, customer service and audience development.
Candidates must be self-motivated, highly organised, and will possess a strong attention to detail, and be able to effectively time manage and prioritise when working on multiple projects at once. Previous experience of web content management, document styling and image manipulation would be beneficial, but not essential as training will be given.
There is potential for a contract extension, and career advancement for the right candidate.
Closing date for applications is 4 September 2017, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the AAI online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by noon on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Please confirm your eligibility to work in the UK.