£22,000 - £27,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Full-time, Permanent (flexible hours offered)
This is a great opportunity for a communication-focused go-getter to join a dynamic team at an exciting stage of growth. This is a very much a role where you will grow with the responsibilities, making the job your own, whilst driving the brand identity of a purpose-driven Scottish startup.
- The AAI team
About the Company
“We’re Mark and Tony and a few years ago we lost our dogs to cancer. After researching potential cures online, we discovered that the processed food our dogs had eaten their whole lives may have actually caused their illness.
We knew something had to be done to educate other dog owners and protect their pets before it was too late.
So we rolled up our sleeves, dug into natural dog diets and started making the best raw dog food available anywhere in the country.
Bella and Duke is a raw and natural pet food brand which was launched in 2017 and ships more than 140,000 meals a week from their base in Blairgowrie. Bella and Duke’s mission is to help as many pets as possible to get off processed foods and onto a healthy, species-specific raw diet.”
Learn more about the motivation behind Bella and Duke in their "Our Story" video HERE.
Explore Bella and Duke’s website to learn more about their products and community HERE.
Bella and Duke is looking for a digital-savvy Community Coordinator to take control of their online voice and build brand awareness and loyalty. You will be responsible for aligning all company communications, PR, events, social media, and marketing content to create a strong brand identity. You will interact with online fans and followers, thus developing an intimate relationship with the online & offline community.
Joining a young, dynamic and supportive team of 5, your main areas and objectives will include:
• Implement social media and communication campaigns across all offline/online channels
• Provide engaging text, image and video content for all social media and professional accounts
• Respond to online customers in a timely manner on social channels
• Monitor, track and report on feedback and online reviews
• Organise and manage events to boost brand awareness
• Coordinate with Marketing, PR and Customer Service teams
• Monitor the news and spot opportunities for reactive comments and stories
• Track PR/content coverage and contribute to the coverage via social promotion
• Liaising and managing relationships with influencers & social ambassadors
• Any other task reasonably requested by the CMO or other Directors
You can view full details of this role HERE.
As part of this opportunity, Bella & Duke will offer you the following benefits:
• Work from home or the Edinburgh HQ with occasional travel to Blairgowrie.
• Personal development training courses
• £22k - 27k salary DOE p.a. + bonus
• 28 days holidays
• Discounted pet food for your dog or cat
There is tremendous potential for professional progression, and a contract and salary review is expected after a 6-month probationary period.
The ideal person for this role will be an enthusiastic graduate in Marketing or a relevant degree with demonstratable work experience in online community communications or similar role. You should be a digital-native, interested in learning and always keeping up to date with the latest trends and social platforms.
The following are essential for the role:
• The awareness and ability to feedback themes or movements in public opinion or activity to management (to keep us ahead of the curve, e.g. getting rid of plastics)
• Experience launching community initiatives (e.g. building an online forum, launching an ambassador program, creating an event series and writing an email newsletter)
• Ability to identify and track relevant community metrics
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Excellent writing skills
• Hands on experience with social media management for brands
• Ability to interpret website traffic and online customer engagement metrics
• Knowledge of online marketing and marketing channels
• Attention to detail and ability to multitask
Preferable but not essential:
• A dog or cat owner/lover
In the first 6 months, you will spend your time working from the Edinburgh office to learn the ropes but thereafter some home working can be arranged. You will join an experienced and supportive team.
Bella and Duke are particularly interested in meeting people who share their vision and values around helping pets live happy and healthy lives.
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
Please don't delay in applying as candidates will be considered on a first-come-first-served basis.
Please submit a CV and tailored Cover Letter through the Adopt An Intern online application form by clicking “Apply” on our website. Examples of what we like to see in a cover letter can be found HERE. All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. In your Cover Letter, please state: A) your availability and B) relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job specifications.
We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.