Full-time (35 hours p/wk) until 31 March 2018
Closing Date: 22 August 2017, 12 noon
About the Company
Keep Scotland Beautiful is the charity that campaigns, acts and educates on a range of local, national and global environmental issues to change behaviour and improve the quality of people’s lives and the places they care for. We are committed to making Scotland clean, green and more sustainable.
For more information on Keep Scotland Beautiful you can visit our website here.
We have an exciting opportunity for a creative, highly organised and motivated person to join our team and work within Corporate Services. This is a great chance to gain an insight into the core business/HR activities within a charity.
It is based in our office at Castle Business Park, Stirling supporting our Business Administration, Organisational Development and HR/Personnel activities. You will support the Organisational Development Coordinator and the Finance & Corporate Services Director in day-to-day and project activities.
The main responsibilities of the role will be:
• Collation and documentation of employee skills audit data and training needs data
• Assisting where required with arrangement of training (e.g. evaluation forms, preparation for training sessions, etc.)
• Review and updating of our personnel forms and general information
• Formatting and updating our personnel documents (in line with our brand guidelines)
• Assisting where required with our recruitment and induction processes
• Research to support our Organisational Development projects
• Assisting with our Intranet review and development project
• Shadowing and supporting our competency development project and appraisal review project
• Supporting the progression and achievement of our Healthy Working Lives Bronze Award
• Supporting our working group responsible for implementing EFQM
Our ideal candidate will possess a thirst for learning and be ready to immerse themselves into all aspects of the core activities within our charity. You may have studied or simply have an interest in business administration/management including human resources however more importantly we are looking for someone who:
• possesses a high level of communication skills (both written and verbal)
• is ready to rise to interesting challenges and seek and propose solutions
• possesses strong organisational, time management and administrative skills
• has sound knowledge and understanding of working with databases and Microsoft Office 365 applications (including cloud-based applications)
• has the ability to manage and coordinate multiple tasks with minimal supervision (whilst maintaining confidentiality)
• has the ability to develop and implement projects with minimum supervision.
In addition, the following skills/experience are desirable, but not essential:
• An understanding of on-line learning platforms, including Moodle
• Experience of working in a busy office environment
• Awareness, interest and curiosity about environmental/sustainable
• Working with content management systems (e.g., website databases)
This exclusive 7-month internship is an excellent opportunity to gain invaluable practical experience in Business Administration and Human Resources in a third-sector organisation. Within this role you will develop and utilise organisational development skills, and have the opportunity to expand your professional network, whilst empowering an established dynamic and innovative socially aware company.
Closing date for applications is 22 August 2017, noon.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by noon on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.
Please confirm your eligibility to work in the UK.
Did you know? - 74% of our interns go on to permanent employment as a result of their AAI internship!APPLY