£8.25 per hour
Part-time, for 8-10 weeks
Closing date: 16 June 2016
About the Company
Stewart & Blyth are a forward thinking Boutique which houses both pre-loved mens designer clothing and accessories as well as creating and sourcing upcycled gifts and furniture.
Stewart and Blyth are looking for an enthusiastic Creative Design Specialist to join their team. As a successful candidate, your main tasks will include:
• Provide innovative and interesting ideas to upcycle furniture
• Research about design trends and developments
• Source items to upcycle
• Selecting viable materials to upcycle the furniture, which might include wood, metal, plastic and textiles
• Evaluating issues such as pricing and fixing costs, fashion, purchasing, safety, materials and manufacturing methods and techniques
• Create commercial pieces in line with the Stewart and Blyth brand
• Any other duties as required by the business
The ideal candidate will be a graduate or student of Interior Design or related discipline.
You should be well organised, able to prioritise and take initiative, as well as meet tight deadlines. The enthusiastic individual will have a strong visual awareness and good manual dexterity.
The candidates should also be confident with use of power tools. Creativity and confidence is key to the success of this role.
Closing date for applications is 16 June 2016, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by noon on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.
Please confirm your eligibility to work in the UK.APPLY