£9.00 per hour
Part-time, two days per week until 31 March 2020 (with potential for permanent)
Closing date: 31 July 2019, 12 noon
Interviews date: Early August 2019
About the Company
Adopt an Intern (AAI) is a not-for-profit company specialising in the facilitation of paid internships for unemployed and underemployed graduates. We work with employers from all sectors across the UK, and have placed over 1500 graduates into internship opportunities in everything from Government to Glass Blowing.
We have two groups of customers: employers and applicants. This dual-focus requires a careful balance in the use of our resources, which we achieve by listening closely to the needs of those customers and responding in an agile and flexible manner. We are currently at an important point in the company’s lifecycle where we need to leverage our success to date and build a sustainable platform for growth.
Recognising that specific groups in society face extra barriers to finding employment, we try where possible to break down such barriers and promote an equitable world of work for all people that live in Scotland.
With that in mind, we have secured funding to deliver a project aimed at supporting individuals from BME communities into work opportunities, and to enable employers to see how they can access such individuals in a more successful way. This project, pRESPECT, is funded by the Social Innovation Partnership who aim to reduce poverty in Scotland through projects that practically help people move forward in their lives.
The project will offer developmental courses for individuals to raise their confidence and skill levels in the context of the current employment market. It will also work with employers to examine their employment practices in regard to inclusion and diversity.
To enable successful outcomes for pRESPECT, we are looking for a proactive and confident communicator to create content to improve brand awareness and support the communications plan through the collation of individual and collective stories generated throughout the project. These stories will be used to inform and educate employers and individuals about what works in terms of inclusive employment practice, and how this changes lives for the better.
This is an exciting opportunity to make a real impact through supporting events, communications and a variety of project-related tasks.
Reporting to the project lead, your main tasks/responsibilities will include:
• Implementing social media and communication campaigns across all offline/online channels
• Developing engaging text, image and video content for all social media and professional accounts
• Basic image and video editing
• Responding to project queries in a timely manner on social channels, email and phone
• Monitoring, tracking and reporting on participants feedback
• Supporting the organisation and management of events to boost brand awareness
• Coordinate with Marketing, PR and Customer Service activities
• Monitoring the news and spot opportunities for reactive comments and stories related or relevant to the project activities
• Tracking PR/content coverage and contributing to the coverage via social promotion
• Liaising and managing relationships with prospects and other interested parties
• Accurately maintaining databases of activity and analytics to monitor the success of our communications
• Assisting with the creative development of the project through the contribution and research of ideas.
• Supporting on-the-ground delivery of activities such as group sessions and events
• Maintaining a record of all public enquiries made to campaigns and projects, drafting responses in a timely manner and escalating enquiries requiring action as appropriate
The ideal candidate will be a graduate with some experience in supporting creative communications projects. You will possess a high level of communication skills, both written and verbally. You will be computer literate, have experience of using Microsoft Office 365 applications and basic use of some of Adobe CC tools. Some level of ability with video recording and editing would be advantageous.
You will have passion and be keen to learn and develop further skills throughout the project. You will have some experience of creating engaging content for different audiences and communications channels, an interest in using social media platforms (such as Hootsuite), and experience of using website content management systems is essential.
A background in communications, marketing, event planning and/or campaigning is highly desirable, but not essential.
Essential for the role:
• The awareness and ability to communicate feedback on participants' progress and experience of the project sessions
• Hands on experience with social media management for brands
• An interest in launching community initiatives (e.g. building an online forum, launching an ambassador program, creating an event series and writing an email newsletter)
• An interest in using social media platforms (such as Hootsuite), and experience of using website content management systems
• Ability to identify and track relevant community metrics
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Excellent writing skills
• Ability to interpret website traffic and online customer engagement metrics
• Interest in further developing own knowledge of online marketing and marketing channels
• Attention to detail and the ability to multitask
• Able to work remotely and within a team to achieve set deadlines and targets
• Great time management and organisation skills
Ideal personality traits:
• Good sense of humour
• An eagerness to learn and support the project’s growth
• Someone who is respectful towards others with a positive can-do attitude to problem-solving
• Someone who isn’t afraid of not knowing the answer but is brave enough and displays impetus to find out
• Gives consideration, thought and logic to their creative decisions
• Someone who is genuinely open to creative feedback without taking it personally
• Able to adapt to many different personality types, able to fit in with those people and be able to generate rapport with them quickly
• Someone who is willing to go above and beyond to deliver a project to a tight deadline
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We also welcome applications from graduates of any degree background and experience.
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
Closing date for applications is 31 July 2019, 12 noon.
Interviews will be held in early August 2019.
Please submit a CV and tailored Cover Letter through the Adopt An Intern online application form on our website. Examples of what we expect in an application can be found HERE. All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State A) your availability and B) relevant experience and demonstrate how your skills match the specific requirements of the job description.
We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.