Up to £40,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Full-time for 6 months (potential for permanent)
Closing date: 3 October 2019, 12 noon
About the Company
“Kames Capital is a UK-based investment management business.
From Edinburgh, London and The Hague our 85 investment professionals manage £37.4 billion* on behalf of UK and international clients, including pension funds, financial institutions, charities, wealth managers, family offices and individuals. We have capabilities in fixed income, equities, property, cash and multi-asset investing and invest to meet a range of client objectives, including growth, income, total return and absolute return. We are also a global leader in sustainable investing.
Our 85-strong investment team has a high average experience of 19 years, eight of which have been with us. Having worked in varying market conditions, our people have the skill to make better investment decisions. And by hiring people with diverse backgrounds, we look at opportunities with a more rounded perspective.”
To learn more about Kames Capital, visit their website here.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within Kames Capital’s award-winning Fixed Income business for a credit analyst to join their team. The successful candidate will be responsible for primary research and idea generation from a range of global companies for inclusion in their funds. In addition, the role would encompass helping in the marketing of funds and contributing to the wider fixed income team at Kames.
• Conduct primary research on Fixed Income issuers
• Build and maintain earnings models and forecasts
• Keep up with news-flow and quickly assess relevance and materiality
• Contribute to the development of investments ideas amongst wider team
• In time, assist with trade execution and portfolio maintenance
• Assist in client reporting process
• Assist in winning new /retaining existing client mandates.
• Support marketing activities on ad hoc basis
• Responsible for compliance with the regulatory and legislative regime as it impacts your role and for ensuring that risks are identified, reported and managed accordingly.
• Ensure Kames Capital consistently applies the principles of TCF, demonstrating with words and actions that the client perspective is always considered in decision making.
In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the job holder may be required to perform other duties assigned by his/her manager from time to time so long as such duties are within the scope and ability of the job holder.
Please view a more in-depth job description in this PDF file here.
The ideal candidate will have a strong accountancy or economics background or relevant experience within an investment firm along with a relevant qualification (e.g. IMC / CFA) and looking to transition into a front-office investment role should also apply.
Kames seeks people of all backgrounds who have a demonstrable, longstanding interest in markets, are independently minded, and who would enjoy working in a demanding but collegiate environment.
The following is essential for the role:
• Be educated to degree level in an appropriate field
• Relevant post-graduate qualifications such as accountancy and/or CFA
• Ability and eagerness to learn
• High level of conscientiousness and strong work ethic
• Demonstrable long-standing interest in financial markets and economics
• Strong MS Excel skills required
• Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to build rapport with co-workers, clients, and company management teams
Desirable but not essential:
• Direct relevant experience in corporate fixed interest (buy or sell-side)
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact email@example.com. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
Closing date for applications is 3 October 2019, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and tailored Cover Letter through the Adopt An Intern online application form on our website.
Examples of what we expect in an application can be found HERE. All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State A) your availability and B) relevant experience and demonstrate how your skills match the specific requirements of the job description.
We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.