£9.00 per hour
Full-time, 35 hours per week for 3 months
Closing date: 3 December 2018, noon
Interview date: 10 December 2018
About the Company
Changeworks is one of Scotland’s largest environmental charities – a thriving social enterprise with almost 30 years’ experience in sustainability. Working with organisations, communities and individuals, Changeworks delivers practical solutions that reduce carbon emissions, fuel poverty and waste by managing resources more efficiently.
Changeworks is a national organisation with around 200 employees and volunteers in Edinburgh, Inverness, Shetland, Orkney, the Western Isles and Argyll.
Changeworks was previously known as Lothian and Edinburgh Environmental Partnership (LEEP), which in turn had its roots in Lothian Energy Group set up in the 1980s.
Changeworks services include:
• Changeworks recycling: Offering businesses a complete waste and resource management service. A social enterprise and wholly owned subsidiary of Changeworks.
• Consultancy services: Including research and evaluation, energy surveying, modelling and analysis and behaviour change programme planning, training and evaluation.
• Project design and delivery: Including impartial advice and support for householders and communities to improve energy efficiency and tackle fuel poverty and waste.
• Programme management: Offering project management and quality assurance services to deliver successful, large scale energy efficiency programmes with partners, including Local Authorities and housing associations.
• Home Energy Scotland advice centres: Supporting householders, community groups, businesses, local authorities and registered social landlords with improving sustainable energy, transport and water use. Funded by the Scottish Government, Changeworks’ delivers Home Energy Scotland advice centres in the South East of Scotland and Highlands and Islands on behalf of Energy Saving Trust.
• Local Energy Scotland: Helping community groups, rural businesses and land managers, become more involved in community renewables, whether a community owned scheme or a large-scale commercial project. An independent network funded by the Scottish Government, Changeworks is part of a consortium led by the Energy Saving Trust, responsible for delivering the Local Energy Scotland contract.
Changeworks: Maintaining High Standards
Changeworks is a Living Wage Employer, also retaining their Investors in People and Investing in Volunteers national standards and the international environmental management accreditation ISO 14001. Changeworks is a Cycle Friendly Employer and achieved both Scotland’s Best Workplaces Award and Special Category Sustainability in Excellence Award in 2012.
Changeworks CRM project is part of an organisation-wide digital transformation to improve their use of digital tools to benefit organisational efficiency, programme effectiveness and the performance of remote and outreach staff.
Currently, data is stored on a selection of platforms – FileMaker Pro databases, Access databases and spreadsheets across all departments. The implementation of their chosen CRM system – Dynamics 365 – centralises this data and will allow for greater relationship management and communication with clients, partners, contractors, providers, funders and volunteers, as well as between Changeworks internal departments.
The main purpose of this role is to ensure successful implementation and user adoption of Dynamics 365. Your main responsibilities will include:
• Migrate data and projects from legacy systems into Dynamics 365 CRM
• Assist with testing and quality assurance of new development
• Assist CRM Development Officer with Dynamics 365 CRM implementation, assist Staff with use and help drive forward user adoption
• Assist CRM Development Officer with CRM deployment – providing training, guidance and support
• Produce documentation of CRM system for reference and training purposes
• Suggest further areas of improvement and development to CRM Development Officer
• Develop and sustain effective engagement with CRM Users across the organization
• Other relevant tasks as directed by CRM Development Officer
Passion, integrity, innovation, collaboration and empowerment are the values that drive the team at Changeworks. Their main aim is to inspire and enable people to live and work more sustainably.
You may apply whatever your academic background as long as you can prove you share the same values as Changeworks and have the skills to do the job. The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate the following skills:
• Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate with a broad range of people
• Excellent IT skills, including advanced knowledge of Excel and experience of CRM or Database systems
• Ability to document technical information for non-technical users
• Strong team player
• Ability to work under minimal supervision
Closing date for applications is 3 December 2018, 12 noon.
Interviews will be held on 10 December 2018
Interview format and length: 30-minute interview, followed by practical Excel exercise.
Please submit a CV and covering letter through the Adopt An Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State A) your availability and B) relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job specifications. We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.