Location: Edinburgh for first 2 months then option of staying in Edinburgh or working remotely (eg work while travelling)
£18,000-£19,000 per annum dependent on experience
Closing date: 28 June 2019, 12 noon
About the Company
“HeySummit empowers anyone to run amazing virtual summits from anywhere. From selling tickets and organising speakers, to managing talks and outreach, HeySummit is a complete wrap-around system for organisers of online conferences, speaker series, media libraries and summits.
Everyday, people use HeySummit in new ways to spread human knowledge and with a smaller carbon footprint.
Who We Are
We are a small team with backgrounds in building businesses that delight customers. With HeySummit, we’re on a mission to be the best way to spread human knowledge.
HeySummit is a business borne out of need, after Ben wanted to run an online conference and couldn’t find something to do the trick. He didn’t have a solution, so decided to build one. After a successful summit and listening to the 50th person begging to know what platform he’d used, the decision to open HeySummit to the world was made.
More than just a summit platform, we strive to make an impact with everything we do.
Where We’re Going
We see HeySummit growing into a highly impactful company, building a beautiful product that empowers users all over the world.
The future, we believe, is distributed, and we’re building a connected team that can work from anywhere. We welcome applications from all over the world.
Following in the footsteps of pioneers like Buffer and Doist, we’re deliberate about the culture we develop. This means fostering a working community of independent thinkers, supporting one another to work our best, and encouraging personal and professional growth.”
Learn more about HeySummit here.
HeySummit is hiring a Customer Happiness Champion to help assist, educate, and delight HeySummit customers and users.
Despite launching just months ago, HeySummit has already experienced a sudden and significant burst of users which has been great for building their community. While this growth has been positive, one of their biggest goals is to provide excellent support to their customers, and HeySummit is looking for your help to make that happen.
HeySummit need the right people onboard to help not only maintain their high level of customer service now, but be part of scaling their customer happiness offering well into the future. They understand the value in excellent customer support, and are excited to work with a professional who knows customer happiness and has the energy, ability and pride of product to help them design even better customer experiences.
Joining HeySummit at this early stage means you have the opportunity to meaningfully shape the product. As a Customer Happiness Champion, you’ll get to know how the customers use the product, and where UX improvements can be made. You are the closest member of the team to the customer, and your opinions carry meaningful weight in the team’s decisions about the direction of the product.
Your main tasks will be attending to the support and customer happiness experience through:
● being obsessed with the success ofHeySummit customers
● becoming an expert in how HeySummit works, how people use it, helping customers understand the powerful features and help them to get the best from the platform
● effectively diagnosing and solve day-to-day customer concerns and issues by asking questions and gathering intel to test, duplicate and document bugs
● assisting in creating a knowledge-base and help documents
● front line live-chat support
● ad-hoc problem-solving video calls with customers
● helping their customers feel heard, support and happier after interacting with our team
● following their process to report features, feedback and bugs and communicate them effectively to the team
While HeySummit is remote positive, this role is based in Edinburgh for at least the first two months. Resources will be available to help you work when and where you want. They find that +/- 4 hours from Edinburgh (UK time) works best.
HeySummit believe communication is vital for exceptional work. They have daily video standups, open calls, and 121s where you meet and build relationships with every member of the team. They have two all-company off-sites per year. These activities help them to build a strong and supportive workplace culture.
HeySummit believe exceptional work is about adopting a mindset of continuous learning and being comfortable with failure, openness and vulnerability. They practice radical candour, provide a supportive environment and encourage everyone to challenge assumptions. They have a no-blame culture where everyone’s ideas have value.
The skills and abilities HeySummit would like to see:
● You’re inquisitive, proactive, and like following a thread to see where it leads
● You deliver amazing customer support
● You pride yourself on excellent communication and tone
● You show empathy in your writing and treat everyone with respect
● You can write clear and concise help documentation
● You’re comfortable managing a community of customers
● You are comfortable taking ownership and advocating for your customers
● You thrive in the sometimes chaotic world of startups and are comfortable with discomfort
● Bonus but not required: written fluency in a language other than English
How HeySummit Hire
HeySummit look your abilities and match them against the job description. Following the meeting of that bar, they prioritise diversity of background, expertise, and experience. They respect a willingness to learn and grow, and expect mutual honesty and input.
HeySummit believe that diversity is strength, offering a culture and opportunities to make inclusivity the norm. As a team they are inclusive and encouraging of differences, and flexible in how, when, and where the team works. HeySummit value a willingness to learn and develop, vulnerability, and radical candour.
Applicants are welcome from any background, nationality, culture, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and religious affiliation.
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact email@example.com. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
Closing date for applications is 28 June 2019, 12 noon.
Do not delay in applying as the employer will assess applications as they come in.
Please submit a CV and Cover Letter through the Adopt An Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State A) your availability and B) relevant experience, demonstrating how your skills match the specific requirements of the job description.
HeySummit would like you to answer the following questions in your Cover Letter (Don’t worry about length, and you’re welcome to use bullet points):
● What date are you available from?
● Any links to your LinkedIn, CV, portfolio, etc, or any information about your background that you’d like to share with us?
● Can you provide an example of a help doc you’ve written? If you haven’t written one, can you provide an example of non-● academic writing that teaches something?
● Think about a time you didn’t know an answer to a question. What did you do to find out the answer?
● What are the most important aspects when working with customers?
● Speak about a time when you took ownership of a process. What went well, what didn’t?
● What’s an example of a previous role you loved and why?
● Do you have experience managing a community? If yes, tell us more!
● Why does working with HeySummit interest you?
● Anything fun you’d like us to know about you?
● Any other information, comments, or questions?
We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.