Location: Edinburgh (with occasional travel to Blairgowrie)
£17,000 per annum
Closing date: 25 June 2019, 12 noon
About the Company
“We’re Mark and Tony and a few years ago we lost our dogs to cancer. After researching potential cures online, we discovered that the processed food our dogs had eaten their whole lives may have actually caused their illness.
We decided something had to be done to educate other dog owners and protect their pets before it was too late.
So we rolled up our sleeves, dug into natural dog diets and started making the best raw dog food available anywhere in the country.
Bella and Duke is a raw and natural pet food brand which was launched in 2017 and ships more than 140,000 meals a week from their base in Blairgowrie. Bella and Duke’s mission is to help as many pets as possible to get off processed foods and onto a healthy, species-specific raw diet.”
Learn more about the motivation behind Bella and Duke here.
Explore Bella and Duke’s website to learn more about their products and community here.
Are you barking mad?! Yes? Bella and Duke want to hear from you!
Bella and Duke is a new, fast paced and rapidly growing Raw Dog Food Company based right in the heart of Perthshire. They are on the lookout for a friendly individual with a love for dogs and their healthcare to be a part of Bella and Duke’s growing customer service team.
The team is positive, high energy, and exciting with a passion to provide not just amazing customer service, but off the scale customer service to their customers.
Your main tasks will be:
• Answering calls, emails, queries and resolving any customer related issues
• Improving customer service on a daily basis by being creative and innovative about processes
• Continually expanding customer relationships and growing the brand
• Assisting in growth and development of the team and company
• Using a range of software such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint, in addition to a variety of web services to further business aims
• Additional ad hoc administration duties required by the team
Hours will be discussed at interview - days of work will be between Monday to Saturday, preferably someone with flexibility that can cover some evenings and weekends every now and then.
What’s on Offer:
As part of the agreement, Bella & Duke will offer you the following:
• Work from home opportunities as agreed with your Manager/supervisor
• Personal development training courses
• £17,000 salary p.a. + high street vouchers as bonus if KPI achieved
• 28 days holidays
• Discounted pet food for your dog or cat
The ideal person will be someone with great communication skills, a bubbly and outgoing personality with tonnes of enthusiasm, and can provide exceptional service to Bella and Duke customers. If you have a great sense of humour, are chatty and really consider yourself a ‘people’ person then Bella and Duke would absolutely love to hear from you!
No specific qualifications are required but examples of previous customer service experience would be very helpful to your application.
The following traits are relevant to the role:
• A passion for dogs and their healthcare
• A growth mindset and willing to learn and develop on the job
• A brilliant problem solver to answer incoming customer queries
• Able to demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
• A genuine interest in helping customers
• Thrives in a fast paced environment
• Happy to deal with complaints
• Great attention to detail
• Organisational skills and able to prioritise workload
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Proactive with a can-do attitude
• IT literate with the ability to use a range of software such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint, in addition to a variety of web services
• A willingness to be flexible in daily tasks and responsibilities
Bella and Duke is based in both Edinburgh and Blairgowrie, so it is essential that you own your own car and can drive to these locations. In the first 6 months, you will spend every day working from the office to learn the ropes but thereafter some home working can be arranged.
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
Closing date for applications is 25 June 2019, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and tailored Cover Letter through the Adopt An Intern online application form by clicking “Apply” on our website. All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. In your Cover Letter, please state: A) your availability and B) relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job specifications.
We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.