Full-time, permanent (35 hours per week)
Closing date: 27 September 2018, noon.
About the Company
Trtl is a travel retail brand based in Glasgow that specialises in creating and exporting innovative travel products. The inspiration to start Trtl was after a motivational and passionate speech from Sir Tom Farmer of Kwik Fit speaking of the adventures he had when creating his company, to Michael Corrigan and David Kellock’s Mechanical Engineering class at the University of Strathclyde.
Trtl's first product on the market was the Trtl Pillow, created by Michael and David as a solution to a problem that most travellers experience: not being able to sleep on a flight. The Trtl Pillow is the travel pillow reinvented and is a comfortable way to help you sleep on the go. It can be used when travelling by car, plane or train to help you sleep in a better ergonomic position than standard u-shaped travel pillows. New products are being brought to market as the company builds on its success: the millionth Trtl Pillow was recently shipped!
We are a small team with massive ambition and are looking to grow the Trtl team to help us venture on in our journey to become a globally recognised brand that is synonymous with travel, comfort and innovation. We believe at Trtl, that if you sleep well, you create the foundation to experience more. Our goal in everything we do is to help you for whatever adventure life throws at you.
This is an exciting role where you will manage customer relationships, help customers with queries and any issues they may face through delivering the best customer service in the world! It is not a typical script-bound contact centre post: Trtl value initiative in their people very highly. You will be able to contribute creative ideas into the wider areas of the business, in particular, marketing and promotion of the brand and products.
As Trtl expands internationally the company must reflect the needs of their customers and the focus of this post will be for their German language customer base.
Your main tasks will be...
- Answering calls, emails, queries and resolving any customer related issues.
- Providing excellent customer service through various online channels and Social Media.
- Fulfilling general duties; creating and sending customer orders.
- Promotion of the brand through Social Media
- Improving customer service daily through being creative and innovative about processes.
- Helping to oversee day-to-day operations, ordering/purchasing supplies, keeping areas organised, stocked and presentable.
- Overseeing suitable filing systems for important documents, equipment, office supplies, etc.
- Updating job knowledge and promoting self-development in your role.
- Continually expanding customer relationships and growing the brand.
- Using a range of software such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint, in addition to a variety of web services to further business aims.
We want our customers to experience and understand our culture through the relationships we build with them. We're looking for someone who is professional, friendly, excited to engage with our audience as well as detail orientated, and who can focus on the data. For example, being able to produce reports showing trends on customer feedback would be favourable. You will be a fluent communicator in spoken and written German.
You should also have the following skills:
- Organisational skills and the ability to work smart
- Proactive and enthusiastic
- Confident and friendly
- Excellent people skills
- Exceptional Customer Service skills
- A genuine interest in helping customers
- Excellent communication skills
- An interest in marketing/digital marketing would be advantageous
- Experience is welcome, but not critical
You’ll fit in if…
You have a cracking sense of humour! And can tolerate a bad joke or two.
You have a zest for life, seeking new opportunities and don’t mind taking the bumpy road sometimes to get where you want to be.
You are not scared of the real challenge of the turbulent startup life.
If you want to improve your skills and abilities across the board
Closing date for applications is 27 September 2018, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the AAI online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by noon on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK. Please confirm your eligibility to work in the UK.