Location: Peterborough / Remote*
Including field-based and work from home
£35,000 - £45,000 (Depending on Experience)
Closing date: 21 October 2019
About the Company
"FreeAgent is one of the UK's most popular small business finance apps with over 90,000 customers. We help small businesses sort out the mess and the stress of managing their business finances. We are loved and adored by customers. We have an NPS of 70 (which is considered "exceptional") and are rated ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ on Trustpilot.
It's an exciting time in the accounting and banking space. We're seeing a revolution in the FinTech industry, and new government initiatives such as Making Tax Digital and Open Banking are opening up new features and products for customers.
The technology in this space is changing rapidly and at FreeAgent we're working on the cutting edge. We're focused on providing the best possible user experience for our growing customer base."
As a Customer Success Consultant you’ll focus on delivering online accounting software training and implementation assistance to FreeAgent’s accountancy practice partners, supporting the sales teams in demonstrating the benefits and practical application of FreeAgent’s solution to prospective customers. You’ll also build relationships with the accounting teams in these practices and provide help and advice on how best to use the software both internally and externally.
As an important part of FreeAgent’s Sales team, you’ll work with a range of specialists and produce what FreeAgent hopes is the best work of your career to date.
You’ll be comfortable with change and reacting quickly to an opportunity. You'll also work more widely as part of a cross-functional team that supports FreeAgent’s accountancy practice partners to grow their client base, which includes a focus on process, procedures and marketing.
You’ll shape and develop the training for practices, working closely with the rest of FreeAgent’s business development and support teams.
This is a full-time permanent position, and will be working field-based with some work from home. In order to develop effective customer relationships, you’ll spend around three days a week on the road around the UK. There will also be regular contact and trips to FreeAgent’s head office at Edinburgh Quay (convenient for Edinburgh Haymarket train station and airport links).
What you can expect day-today:
• Developing and delivering face-to-face and webinar training for accountancy practice partners.
• Delivering implementation support from this initial training and ongoing support to partners across the UK.
• Building and managing relationships with various staff members and teams within accountancy practice customers.
• Assisting with developing, creating and maintaining both on and offline training collateral, and keeping this up to date.
• Sharing feedback from clients after training to help FreeAgent continually adjust and develop their training approach, materials and product offering.
• Working closely with the product team to share feature requests from an accountant/user perspective.
• Organising and delivering Internal training sessions as required.
• Maintaining and updating a CRM and other systems as required and producing reporting on your activities.
• Working away from home when required, including overnight stays
This role would ideally be suited in or around Peterborough but credible applications will be considered from anyone in England / Wales.
This is a unique opportunity to join a growing success story in an autonomous role that you can really make your own.
The ideal candidate will:
• Have a background as an accountant working in the private sector or a practice environment
• Be Qualified/Part Qualified Accountant or Qualified by Experience
• Be highly computer-literate and web-savvy
• Possess excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
• Have a real desire to impart knowledge and help others improve
• Be a highly organised and proactive team player, with experience of working from home in a field-based role
Extra kudos / bonus points if you have experience of:
• Cloud-based accounting software
• Management accounting
• Presenting and training
• Apple products
FreeAgent cares about building an inclusive and diverse team, and welcome applications from people with varied backgrounds and perspectives, to ensure that the people who build FreeAgent are reflecting their diverse customer base and bringing with them a range of ideas and experiences. What unites the team is an openness to suggestions, and a drive to solve problems in the best way possible.
Competitive annual salary dependent on experience. FreeAgent also provide a comprehensive package of employee benefits, which have been carefully selected to protect you, to promote healthy lifestyles, and to give you peace of mind.
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
FreeAgent's selection process involves a phone interview, a practical exercise and a visit to their beautiful Edinburgh office so you can meet the team. The company works hard to make the process as straightforward, transparent and enjoyable as possible.
Please submit a CV and tailored Cover Letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. Examples of what we expect in an application can be found HERE. All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date.
State A) your availability and B) relevant experience and demonstrate how your skills match the specific requirements of the job description.
We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.APPLY