£20,000 - £26,000 (Depending on Experience)
Closing date: 6 January 2020, 12 noon
About the Company
"FreeAgent is one of the UK's most popular small business finance apps with over 90,000 customers. We help small businesses sort out the mess and the stress of managing their business finances. We are loved and adored by customers. We have an NPS of 70 (which is considered "exceptional") and are rated ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ on Trustpilot.
This is your chance to come and shape the future of small business banking and accounting!
It's an exciting time in the accounting and banking space. We're seeing a revolution in the FinTech industry, and new government initiatives such as Making Tax Digital and Open Banking are opening up new features and products for customers.
The technology in this space is changing rapidly and at FreeAgent we're working on the cutting edge. We're focused on providing the best possible user experience for our growing customer base.
We have an amazing office in central Edinburgh (one of the great cities of the world), and our work environment is light and bright with inspiring spaces and quiet places. If you're based in the office you'll enjoy catered lunches every Friday, weekly yoga and many other perks and treats."
FreeAgent pride themselves on exceptional customer support, and to help them continue this they are looking to expand their Support Team. This is a role which provides a great variety of work and has a unique mix of accounting and customer service, therefore you will need a strong understanding of accounting as well as the ability to communicate with customers.
Day to day you’d be helping users by:
• Being the first point of contact for customers, via phone, email, and online chat, and responding accurately and promptly to customer queries
• Providing training to customers by way of outbound calls, both to people who are currently on a free trial, as well as subscribers who request further training
• Proactively contacting users to see if they need help
• Helping people who are interested in the product, but need more information to decide if it’s right for them
• Assisting the product teams by testing new features or upgrades to existing functionality
FreeAgent wants people to be productive, to have career opportunities, to be focused on meaningful work and to have an excellent work/life balance. They work smarter, not harder, which is why the team sticks to a 35-hour working week and still Get Things Done.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Have a thorough and robust knowledge of accounting processes, supported by substantial experience in something like an accounts assistant or bookkeeping role
• Be highly computer-literate and tech-savvy, understanding that online engagement is crucial to the success of the business
• Have experience of working with small businesses, possess a clear understanding of their issues, and have a keen interest in how the right financial software can help them
• Have experience of using a variety of bookkeeping and accounting software packages
• Enjoy providing first-rate customer service and have experience of this from a previous role
Accounting qualifications (accounting degree, AAT, CIMA or ACCA) will be useful in helping you get up to speed, however being qualified by experience will be just as valuable. Anyone looking to complete their CIMA or ACCA should note that this role will not provide an opportunity to gain the practical experience necessary for these qualifications.
FreeAgent cares about building an inclusive and diverse team, and welcome applications from people with varied backgrounds and perspectives, to ensure that the people who build FreeAgent are reflecting their diverse customer base and bringing with them a range of ideas and experiences. What unites the team is an openness to suggestions, and a drive to solve problems in the best way possible.
FreeAgent is offering an annual salary of £20,000 - £26,000 per annum depending on experience, plus they provide a comprehensive package of employee benefits, which have been carefully selected to protect you, to promote healthy lifestyles, and to give you peace of mind.
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact email@example.com. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
Closing date for applications is 6 January 2020, 12 noon.
FreeAgent's selection process involves a phone interview, a practical exercise and a visit to their beautiful Edinburgh office so you can meet the team. The company works hard to make the process as straightforward, transparent and enjoyable as possible.
Please submit a CV and tailored Cover Letter through the AAI EmployAbility online application form on our website. Examples of what we expect in an application can be found HERE. All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date.
State A) your availability and B) relevant experience and demonstrate how your skills match the specific requirements of the job description.
We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.