£9.00 per hour
Full-time for 2 months
Closing Date: 17 June 2019, 12 noon
Interview date: w/c 24 June 2019
About the Company
“Holyrood Communications is a political communication company which publishes Holyrood Magazine. Holyrood Communications has been producing policy, sponsorship and third-party events since 2002 covering a diverse range of issues. We currently deliver upwards of 100 events annually and have welcomed over 100,000 delegates since our first event.
Holyrood.com is the website of Holyrood, Scotland's fortnightly political and current affairs magazine that keeps Scottish politics informed with its award-winning and thought-provoking editorial.
Holyrood Magazine is read by the country's key legislators, Scottish parliamentarians, civil servants, Scottish Government agencies, political parties, 32 local authority chief executives as well as individual departments within the councils, trade unions, health boards and trusts, educational organisations, voluntary organisations and non-governmental bodies.
The magazine won the Chairman's prize at the Scottish Magazine Awards for its coverage of the Scottish independence referendum and again in 2016 for its ongoing #Holyroodbaby campaign.”
Learn more about Holyrood Communications and their publications on their website here.
Holyrood Communications is looking for Data Scraper Interns to work alongside their Marketing Managers to build their Data Sets. This will be a web-based research role where you’ll be supplied with specific organisations and job titles to find contact information of potential delegates for Holyrood Communications’ events.
As a Data Scraper intern, your main tasks will include:
• Researching and gathering potential sector specific delegates’ data for events
• Inputting and maintaining delegate information to GDPR standards
• Enriching datasets through further research of pre-existing contact information
• Undertaking general housekeeping tasks to ensure data is kept clear and concise
• Scoping & analysing data-sets to general trend analysis and business insights
The ideal person will be highly organised with excellent attention to detail. You’ll be comfortable using Excel spreadsheets and managing large datasets. This is a crucial role with the responsibility of managing, understanding and organising delegate account data to populate delegate lists for events.
You’ll have a strong organisation, administrative and analytical skills and be educated to degree level. The ideal candidates will also hold the following skills:
• Excellent organisation skills with impeccable attention to detail
• Ability to follow company processes to ensure compliance with GDPR
• Some experience in a range of analysis tools in Microsoft Excel although training guides will be provided
• Ability to effectively search for data online via search engines
• Self-motivation for process-driven tasks
• Ability to understand datasets and cross-check details on a range of online sources
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• Understanding of working under tight deadlines and under pressure
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
Closing date for applications is 17 June 2019, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and tailored Cover Letter through the Adopt An Intern online application form by clicking “Apply” on our website. All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. In your Cover Letter, please state: A) your availability and B) relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job specifications.
We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.APPLY