Finesse Control Systems Ltd is an Electrical Engineering Company based in Angus on the east coast of Scotland with specialist expertise in machine and process control systems.
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience and knowledge, Full-time (8am – 4.30pm)
As a Database Intern you will be involved in the design and implementation of bespoke database and other related IT infrastructure such as Windows Server SBS 2008. The system as installed consists of two virtualised servers running SBS on one machine and MS SQL on the other. The company has prepared an initial Database which needs to be rolled out and then an analysis taken of the functionality to ensure that the system meets the company’s current and foreseen requirements.
The project will offer the right candidate the opportunity to develop their SQL Skills as well as development time on MS SQL server. There is also a need to redesign and implement document storage system with a view to improving current system, implementing automated document scanning to file shares and retrieval via Database users front end application.
You will also be involved in:
- Conducting trial runs of systems and software applications to be sure they will produce the desired information and that the instructions are correct.
- Consulting with managerial, engineering, and technical personnel to clarify Database intent, identify problems, and suggest changes.
- Performing direct revision, repair, or expansion of existing Database to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
The ideal graduate will have a background in database management and/or IT. You will possess the following skills
• SQL server management studio
• SQL language
• Access Database knowledge for front end
• MS Windows 2008 Small Business Server
• DB Report authoring skills
• Technical manual skills
• Possess problem solving capabilities
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
A knowledge of OO programming such as Java or C++ would be an advantage but is not necessary.
Closing date for applications is 18 May 2015, 5pm.
Interviews will be held on 27 / 28 / 29 May, 2015.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. State a. your availability and b. How you meet the requirements of the job specification. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.