£23,000 per annum (pro-rata)
Part-time for 6 months, 18.5 hours per week – working pattern to be agreed
Closing date: Monday 2 September, 12 noon
Interview date: 9 or 10 September
About the Company
"Scottish Adoption is Scotland's leading provider of specialist adoption services. Our reputation is built on the delivery of high quality and innovative placement and support services based on sector best practice. We are a registered charity and we work with families across Central Scotland."
Learn more about Scottish Adoption and their amazing work HERE.
The Scottish Adoption team are looking for an enthusiastic and creative person to join them in the brand new part-time role of Digital Communications Officer for a six-month fixed-term contract.
This is a hands-on role and you will work alongside the Marketing and Communications Officer to raise the Agency's profile, encourage prospective adoptive parents to connect as well as continue the important work of communicating with families and stakeholders who are already in touch.
Scottish Adoption's social media presence and website are an important part of the adoption journey for many of the families they work with so they are looking for someone who is passionate about great, creative digital communication to complement the team's existing in-house skills.
In this post your main duties & tasks will be:
• Manage and maintain the website with appealing and engaging content
• Enhance all social media platforms with effective day to day management of key accounts (Facebook, Twitter and YouTube) in a way which retains the Agency’s reputation as innovative and sector-leading as well as engages positively with service users and drives enquiries to the website
• Report on and analyse all aspects of marketing and communications
• Contribute to the design and creation of the Annual Report and Quarterly Newsletters
• Collaborate with the wider staff team to enhance their digital skills and identify marketing opportunities
The ideal candidate will have a background in marketing, communications, business studies or a related field or be studying these subjects.
You should be able to demonstrate that you match the following criteria:
• Motivated, self-starter with an eye for detail
• Passion for digital media content creation and management from idea through to successful delivery
• Adept at using a range of digital media platforms to communicate key messages
• Experience of digital content creation and management
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Experience with website platform WordPress
• Familiarity with Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Facebook and Twitter Insights
• Proven ability to meet tight individual and team deadlines
• Team player with a 'can do' attitude
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
Closing date for applications is 2 September 2019, 12 noon.
Interviews will be held on 9 or 10 September in Edinburgh.
Please submit a CV and tailored Cover Letter through the Adopt An Intern online application form on our website.
Examples of what we expect in an application can be found HERE. All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date.
State A) your availability and B) relevant experience and demonstrate how your skills match the specific requirements of the job description.
We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.