Full-time, for 6 months
Closing date: 2 December 2016, noon
About the Organisation
Angus Council provide local government services to citizens, businesses and visitors to the Angus area. You will be based within the council’s Business Angus team and for more information in support offered see www.businessangus.com
Please see website for more about the council's work: www.angus.gov.uk
As Digital Marketing Assistant Intern your main responsibilities will include:
• Working with appropriate Sector Officers and Assistant Digital Communications Officer to migrate content to a new content management system for Carnoustie Country, Visit Angus and Business Angus
• Assisting with the implementation of the Visit Angus, Business Angus and Carnoustie Country website content plans
• Assisting the Assistant Digital Communication Officer with the Visit Angus social media campaign including liaising with tourism businesses for #SpotlightOn
• Updating listings on iSigns in-line with the content on visitangus.com with guidance from Assistant Digital Communication Officer
• Assisting the Assistant Digital Communication Officer to update the visitangus.com listings and encouraging businesses to adopt their listing
• Supporting the Search Engine Optimisation activity in consultation Assistant Digital Communications Officer of the relevant websites to improve rankings
This list is not exhaustive and the jobholder will be required to undertake other duties as required.
The successful candidates will be educated to degree level in a relevant subject, ideally having a Digital Marketing qualification.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
• Knowledge of marketing principles and practices
• Practical experience of devising and implementing digital marketing campaigns across web and social media channels
• Experience in using Content Management Systems to update information on websites
• Experience of using Microsoft Office packages in a work environment
• Excellent oral communication skills
• Outstanding written communication skills
• Practical experience of copywriting for web
• Team player
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Strong creative thinker
• Attention to detail
Please note that full current driving licence is essential, as well as access to a vehicle.
Closing date for applications is 2 December 2016, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by noon on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.
Please confirm your eligibility to work in the UK.