Miconex work in partnership with Local Authorities and Business Improvement Districts to proactively promote local businesses using digital channels. They provide a fully-managed digital marketing solution which creates a growing asset for the business community.
£7.85 per hour. Part-time, 20 hours per week for 3 months
As a member of the Digital Marketing Team you would be required to support the mi platform content and social media activity. Your responsibilities would include:
As a key element of the mi digital promotion strategy this role involves ensuring effective promotion of the mi areas, mi content and member businesses via social media. This involves
• Pro Actively managing mi areas Facebook, Twitter and other social media live feeds
• Creating engaging area specific original posts for all mi social media platforms.
• Promoting member business social media activity via mi social media channels
• Responding to comments and direct messages on social media
• Scheduling social media posts containing content from all mi areas
• Continually working to build social media following in all areas using social media management tools
The Promotions, Events, Mi Offers and Information held on the mi platforms are integral to the proposition we offer to consumers and businesses. It is therefore essential that this information is accurate, up to date and reviewed on a regular basis. This involves:
• Analysing content being added to the CMS and ensuring that it is promoted through the most appropriate and relevant channels
• Adding content to the CMS ensuring that all the information is accurate, relevant displayed in the most appropriate manner
• Reviewing content on a weekly basis ensuring quality, identifying areas for development and feeding back to relevant parties.
• Identifying relevant content that should be added to the CMS
• Developing and distributing weekly emails newsletters for each area for distribution to consumers
• Responding to customer enquiries via email and telephone as they occur
• Provide technical assistance for businesses via phone and email as required
• Attend and contribute to meetings with digital team and manager when required.
• Have an involvement in project work as and when required
• Attend any relevant training as required.
To be successful in this role you will:
• Have the ability to work in dynamic working environment
• Be able to manage own workload
• Be available to work weekends and evenings when required
• Be an effective time manager
• Have the ability to engage with a variety of individuals on a one to one basis
• Be IT and technology literate
• Have a warm and friendly approach to customers
• Possess the ability to contribute individually, and participate in teams meetings as required
• Have an understanding of social media for business purposes.
You will be educated to degree level with a background and interest in business, social media, marketing or related field.
Closing date for applications is 28 May 2015, 5pm
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by 5pm on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.